Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Your DD is a year older than DS1 (I think?) and there were times where he just had to go someplace with me cuz his errand/appointment is near mine. Kids that age can amuse themselves for an hour or two, you just need to make yourself less available to her and Dh.

This pandemic will go on much longer than people think/hope to end, so your mental health is extremely important. I like pp suggestions to do things from your car, go to Starbucks and sit in their parking lot or B&N store to get on their Wi-Fi. Just make yourself scarce for an hour or two daily. Get into that habit.

I know it isn’t the bitching post, but honestly I’m not liking your posts when it comes to your DH. He sounds like an ass who gaslights you. And I’m also aware no one have the full picture on anyone’s home life or marriage, but it is a pattern you’re caught in from your posts though.

Is there a way you can go to your parents for a week? Or your sibling? I think DH and DD needs you to be “gone” to appreciate you again when you return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm so sorry. You were really sick and deserved some time to yourself. My dh has a hard time when I'm sick because he has to do more. My kids are older and they have called him on it and he's realized that it's a bad pattern. Hope your dh can have some insight and see you deserve some care too.

Agreed with everyone else!

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Please please figure out how to prioritize yourself, not just you, but your DD is going to suffer the consequences of this.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for the tea, sympathy, virtual hugs, and kicks in the pants, all of which I needed desperately ... but most of all the sympathy, because I was really angry and felt really sick when I wrote that first post.

One ~5-day course of horse-pill antibiotics later and my UTI is gone, as is my scary cough. (I also have a rescue inhaler, which is good to have on hand when the weather trends hot & humid.)

I was able to walk the neighborhood with DD today, which is more than I've been able to do in 2 weeks.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

double post
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2