Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Any great appetizer recipes?

I’m hosting my book club ladies in a few weeks for an outside social distancing meeting. Has anyone made anything delicious lately? I’m so tired of all my recipes since being stuck in quarantine.

Also, nothing from Trader Joe’s the border between our countries are closed and I can’t get to one. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Sliders. Not too big but yummy. Kings' Hawaiian buns, a slice of ham or turkey and some with cheese, some without. Seriously, they are good enough that way. But you can go through the work of making this version too if you feel like it https://www.kingshawaiian.com/recipe...--swiss-slider
    Or, any slider bun and pulled chicken or pork bbq.
    Mini empanadas
    Fruit salad, pre-dished into cups.

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Not really a recipe - but good time to have fun with a charcuterie board, especially if you have tongs etc to serve with. (I just bought a cute set of four on Amazon for $10 I'm pretty sure.) Cheesebynumbers has a ton of instructions on Insta - and there are numerous other similar sites.

Have fun!

If it's hot, I would go with cold appetizers such as individual cups or skewers in cups of little salads - fruit, caprese salad, pasta salad, chicken salad, pimento cheese etc. You could have crackers on the side.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

A hot weather favorite here is softened cream cheese mixed with snipped fresh dill, spread on crispy baguette slices and top with the tiny bay shrimp (something like 150count/pound).

Also caprese skewers - fresh mozz, basil leaf, and tomato with a drizzle of balsamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    A hot weather favorite here is softened cream cheese mixed with snipped fresh dill, spread on crispy baguette slices and top with the tiny bay shrimp (something like 150count/pound).
    I really want to try this as it sounds really good. It reminded me of cucumber sandwiches: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/52...andwiches-iii/

I also love crab salad on crackers: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23...ls-crab-salad/

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I bought mini foil pie pans for ds1's grad party to portion out hot food and minimize contact. Those made with mini quiches or frittatas could be great as well. They were cheap on Amazon.

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I’m thinking of things that people can grab and move away from the food area with:

Caprese skewers (mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil, drizzle with balsamic glaze)
    7 layer dip served in clear small plastic cups, with a few tortilla chips in each one
    Antipasto skewers - cooked cheese tortellini tossed in italian dressing, skewered with salami slices, cherry tomato and olives
    Pasta salad served in small plastic cups with a small plastic fork for pre-portioned individual servings
    Watermelon feta salad served in small plastic cups
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I made these for a party last year that people loved. Betsy simple to make a whole sheet pan full. You can eat with a toothpick.
    Watermelon with herbed goat cheese whip
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/recip...se-whip/17082/

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Easy and pretty. I make these each summer and they are always a big hit.

Take a bamboo skewer stick and thread on one cooked cheese tortellini, a cherry tomato, a kalamata olive and a basil leaf.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast