Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

If you have a garage, and you don’t have your car parked in there, you should consider cleaning it out to make room for at least one car. Not having to clean off a car is amazing! You can get all the kids loaded in where it’s dry. I hate scrapping off my car, I hate kids wet boots in my car. Yes, I know it still happens but loading them in for school, it’s fantastic. I’m stunned by the amount of people here (in Canada no less) that park in their driveways and not their garages.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    If you have a garage, and you don’t have your car parked in there, you should consider cleaning it out to make room for at least one car. Not having to clean off a car is amazing! You can get all the kids loaded in where it’s dry. I hate scrapping off my car, I hate kids wet boots in my car. Yes, I know it still happens but loading them in for school, it’s fantastic. I’m stunned by the amount of people here (in Canada no less) that park in their driveways and not their garages.

I think that is a Canada thing, possibly because they often have single garages, I know growing up my parents never put either car in the garage in Ottawa (and plugged in the cars overnight when it was really cold).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I think that is a Canada thing, possibly because they often have single garages, I know growing up my parents never put either car in the garage in Ottawa (and plugged in the cars overnight when it was really cold).

Yes, and the single garage is filled with hockey nets, sticks and equipment, snow blowers and shovels

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by moosemama View Post
    Yes, and the single garage is filled with hockey nets, sticks and equipment, snow blowers and shovels
    Where I grew up, the hockey nets are front of the garage and the garage doors are covered with black marks from pucks and the garage is full of empty cases of beer stock piling to take back to the beer store or give to a fundraiser bottle drive.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

When I was a kid and we visited my grandmother in North Dakota, I couldn’t understand how or why everyone plugged in their cars. I had never heard of that in NJ/NY !!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Where I grew up, the hockey nets are front of the garage and the garage doors are covered with black marks from pucks and the garage is full of empty cases of beer stock piling to take back to the beer store or give to a fundraiser bottle drive.

We're on a quiet cul de sac, so nets get pulled out onto the street and our garage doors are safe! I can definitely relate to the cases of empties piling up in the garage for the bottle drives!

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    When I was a kid and we visited my grandmother in North Dakota, I couldn’t understand how or why everyone plugged in their cars. I had never heard of that in NJ/NY !!
    Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    Ah yes, heating the engine block! We had a "snow day" one year growing up because some prankster unplugged the buses from the bus barn!

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Dupe post

As a Californian I say by true winter boots. For the first couple of years I was always cold. I had "boots", but I was still freezing. Then I bought winter boots and my life improved so much.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Depends on the age of the house. Everyone in my neighbourhood has double or triple garages.

Hockey nets are kept in the driveway or side of the house to be dragged to the street for playing.

It could be because I have no husband so there’s no “man cave” needed and I can actually fit my car in. And it’s a big SUV.

The best was when my kids were younger I could leave them sleeping in the car in the garage. Just shut the door and open the door to the house so I could hear them. Oh and when they were in car seats I didn’t have to worry about them getting cold on the way to the car. Just put them in.

My point is that garage parking is amazing and y’all are missing out if your garage is full of stuff and not your car. Especially when you don’t have to scrape your car off or have even more wet boots in your vehicle. Oh and unloading groceries in the dry helps too. 🤣🤣

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast