Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    Which kids are you looking for extra seatings? Your older 2 or your 2 littlies? If older then I think outside is really ideal. They get more peace and quiet that way, and you wouldn’t need to be on top of them as much you would with younger ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It’s the older ones. Outside won’t work. Stool suggestions would be really appreciated!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I got some really nice ones at a furniture store's clearance sale. They actually fit our 6'4 contractor well and he said they were comfortable. I found them for $75 each (and they match our island perfectly.) Total score. Worth calling around to some furniture stores to ask, I think.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have these without the pads.

https://www.crateandbarrel.com/delta...-stool/s437824

They are countoured so pretty comfy for hours (I sometimes work at the bar for a couple of hours). You might want to get the pads though.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

We have some from pier 1 that are very comfortable. If I lived nearby, I’d give them to you since they are just decorating out old house while it’s on the market. I don’t think they carry them anymore (almost 14 years old but are in perfect condition) They are fake leather and wipe right down.

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Are you looking for permanent additions? Or just for the duration of distance learning? (However long that may end up being!)

DH has a stand up desk, which he loves, but also a drafting chair when he does need to sit. Like an office chair, but counter-height. It’s good for long hours of working and was around $100 on Amazon. Won’t look as nice in your kitchen for sure, but might make a positive impact for the kids. We are trying to find ways to make DD more enthusiastic about the upcoming year. Creating comfort and convenience with some new things dedicated to distance learning has helped her attitude and given her some new positivity to lean into.

And what kid doesn’t like to swivel while they work?

Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    I got some really nice ones at a furniture store's clearance sale. They actually fit our 6'4 contractor well and he said they were comfortable. I found them for $75 each (and they match our island perfectly.) Total score. Worth calling around to some furniture stores to ask, I think.
    That's a good idea. I don't know how successful I'll be but it couldn't hurt! I will tell you, one of the things that's hard to note is how COMFORTABLE something is before buying it. I guess I was hoping for some kind of magic bullet BBB preferred stool that's super comfortable and cheap. I mean you never know, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    We have these without the pads.

https://www.crateandbarrel.com/delta...-stool/s437824

They are countoured so pretty comfy for hours (I sometimes work at the bar for a couple of hours). You might want to get the pads though.

Interesting. I wouldn't look at those and think "comfortable" but at the same time I feel like the right shape and proportions makes all the difference. Sadly MIL just got rid of her barstools (though they were bar height--might not have worked anyway) but although they weren't upholstered the proportions were just right they were SO comfortable.

This isn't too far outside of my price range, really. Hmm. I'll have to think about this!

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    We have some from pier 1 that are very comfortable. If I lived nearby, I’d give them to you since they are just decorating out old house while it’s on the market. I don’t think they carry them anymore (almost 14 years old but are in perfect condition) They are fake leather and wipe right down.

The cleaning idea is right. The price is right. You're just a bit too far away! That's totally what I'm imagining in a comfortable stool. I did take a minute to scroll FB marketplace this afternoon but it is so hard to tell if they are truly comfortable from the appearance!

Quote Originally Posted by Thatchermom View Post
    Are you looking for permanent additions? Or just for the duration of distance learning? (However long that may end up being!)

DH has a stand up desk, which he loves, but also a drafting chair when he does need to sit. Like an office chair, but counter-height. It’s good for long hours of working and was around $100 on Amazon. Won’t look as nice in your kitchen for sure, but might make a positive impact for the kids. We are trying to find ways to make DD more enthusiastic about the upcoming year. Creating comfort and convenience with some new things dedicated to distance learning has helped her attitude and given her some new positivity to lean into.

And what kid doesn’t like to swivel while they work?

DH actually has a stool for a drafting table that he NEVER uses in the garage. I wonder if it would work... It wouldn't look amazing but may function. It actually might be TOO high. On the other hand, DH just got a new chair (purchased by his work since he's now working from home) so maybe his old chair will go UP? It would be funny if one was too high and the other too low...

These are my dream stools but just for looks and really they are too expensive for me right now. Does anyone know if they are comfortable?

https://www.serenaandlily.com/rivier...Lw_wcB#start=1

This is kinda just for fun and dreaming...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast