Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Need BBB mojo for my cat!

We just spent 5 days in Big Bear and when we got back yesterday afternoon our cat Lacey didn't seem herself. Our housekeeper was coming once a day to feed her and said she didn't eat her food Friday, then we got home Saturday and she didn't eat at all yesterday or today. When we get home from trips she usually runs out to greet us and follows us around all night meowing super loudly. She didn't do any of this and has been super lethargic, threw up multiple times yesterday, and when I weighed her she was only 7.5lbs (normally she's 9-10lbs). She tried to pee in her litter box last night but didn't get all the way in and peed all over the floor. That's never happened before. She actually has her annual vet appointment tomorrow at 2pm and the office is closed on Sundays, but I called another vet who was booked full of emergencies today and said to not wait till tomorrow afternoon and to take her to another emergency hospital. So my mom and I are waiting in the car outside the emergency animal hospital since no one is allowed inside due to Covid protocols. We are concerned about obstruction since she has a history of eating any plastic she finds (ziploc bags and ribbons from birthday gifts)! Just heard from the doctor and they'll be doing blood work and an abdominal x-ray. We've already been waiting in the car for over an hour and need to continue waiting here until we get her diagnosis.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Oh Latia sending p&pt to your kitty. Hoping they find what’s wrong & can fix it!

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh no! Sending BBB mojo for your cat! Please keep us posted!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Sending mojo that it’s something minor! I really feel for you having to wait outside- be carefully the battery (speaking from personal experience.) Wish you could be with your cat- Covid restrictions are so darn hard!

Sending mojo for your cat and hoping it's something minor.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Sending good thoughts!!
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just heard from the doctor. NO signs of an obstruction on the x-ray!!!

Kidney value is elevated, which may be just from the dehydration or possibly UTI/kidney infection as her white blood count is moderately elevated. So now they need a urine sample to see for sure if it's just dehydration or a kidney issue. They want to keep her overnight to do IV fluids and possibly antibiotics if it's an infection, but said it can be done outpatient. If overnight, it would be more aggressive treatment to get her hydrated. Waiting on estimates for both plus results of the urine sample. I'm sooo glad it's not an obstruction! I was already crying my eyes out since DH said no way was he going to pay thousands of dollars if she needed surgery!

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Good update! Keep us posted. I’m always worried about that too as I know my dh wouldn’t want to spend a lot on our cat as well.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Octobermommy View Post
    Good update! Keep us posted. I’m always worried about that too as I know my dh wouldn’t want to spend a lot on our cat as well.
    Same! I would sell my own kidney for my car but DH would not be on board with. Hope your kitty is ok. I love my kitty so much. Being home for COVID has been made better by his presence!

I hope they can figure it out. My sweet kitty is 18. When she was 2, she swallowed a button that fell off a pair of my Old Navy shorts. It took several days and around $2,700 in X-rays, procedures and finally exploratory surgery to get to the bottom of it all. DH (then dear fiance) was totally on board, but my mom and stepdad thought we had lost our minds to pay that much. (Or charge it -- we didn't have that money. lol)

Keeping my fingers crossed that she just needs medicine and she'll be on the mend.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast