Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m glad it’s figured out and she’s eating again! Much better care and significantly better price not to mention im sure a great deal of relief!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m glad it’s figured out and she’s eating again! Much better care and significantly better price not to mention im sure a great deal of relief!

Yay! Glad she's feeling better!
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh my goodness, so glad to hear the very positive update about your cat! I am so mad at the emergency vet and glad your cat is okay despite them missing something so important. Last Spring I had to bring my daughter in for an emergency doctor's appt and they worried she had pancreatitis. The dr told me that she needed to be tested for it immediately. Okay back to focusing on how wonderful it is that everything is working out and your precious cat is doing well.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JElaineB View Post
    For future trips, you might look into getting an automatic feeder like this Cat Mate one we have, so you can keep feeding only the wet food: https://www.chewy.com/cat-mate-c20-2...-pet/dp/103147

It has ice packs and we store the wet food in the fridge so my FIL only has to come once a day in the morning to feed the cats, he gives them their morning meal on paper plates then cleans and sets up the Cat Mate with the cold food and ice packs to open 12 hours later. I do have extra ice packs for it. My cats usually eat 3 times a day but they adapt fine to eating their normal amount of food split into 2 feedings instead when we are out of town.
    We actually have an automatic feeder already and use it to put her dry breakfast food after our housekeeper gives her her wet food. We have this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M9J4SNR..._hxTmFbHEJKPJJ

but our ice pack looks way smaller than yours and is super thin. I'd be surprised if stays cold after more than 2 hours (even though the description says 12 hours)! Normally she gets fed dinner at 4pm and then the timer bowl opens up 15 hours later at 7am. Her normal wet food is raw so I was worried it wouldn't be cold that many hours later, thus the dry food for breakfast. I think I'll play around with it and see if her food will stay cold if I put it in frozen with 2 ice cubes along with the ice packs. If not, I may have to get yours that has much thicker ice packs or else our housekeeper will have to come twice a day to feed her.

I dropped her off at the vet at 9:30am this morning and she'll be there till 4pm getting IV fluids.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I'm so glad Lacey is getting better! Having had a kid with pancreatitis, I know how scary it can be. At least he could tell us where and how much it hurt. I'm so glad your vet figured it out.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3