ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Heat for a covered porch

We live in Michigan and are hoping to extend the outdoor season for distanced socialization for us and our kids (with others). We've bought two propane heaters for the backyard, and are hoping to find heaters for the covered porch on the front of our house - it extends across the house and we can fit 3-4 people out there with 6' distancing. I cannot figure out what type of heat to use out there. A few space heaters on the ground? Infrared heaters on the ceiling? Something else? Any experience or tips? Nothing seems to be rated well.

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We just use those free standing propane tower heaters. They frankly don't hold up well (ours never seem to last more than 2-3 years) but I like that they can be moved around fairly easily to customize the space and heat zones. We have had overhead at rental places, and it didn't feel as warm to me as the heaters you sit next to.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have heaters hanging from the ceiling in our veranda. https://www.infratechheatersusa.com/...xoCr8AQAvD_BwE
    Last edited by smilequeen; 08-10-2020 at 03:30 PM.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    We have heaters hanging from the ceiling in our veranda. https://www.infratechheatersusa.com/...xoCr8AQAvD_BwE
    Thank you! Do you happen to know which one of these you have? We have a good set up to install these, and plan to be in the house for quite some time so don't mind investing in them. I'd love to go with something that you know works for you though.