Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    In the back of my mind, I wonder if positive cases just aren’t being reported so they can keep playing. Not every league is perfectly scrupulous.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I sure hope not, but I'm sure there are some who will be dishonest. A coworker of mine is now forced to take 14 days off, his grandson who is 1,tested positive and he's been around him. He is being tested but they will still make him stay home for 14 days with a negative test.

Hiding positive tests can be devastating to some of the if I had to take 14 days off (it would be unpaid) it would be horrible (due to covid my income has already been decreased by not allowing me to work in multiple buildings).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In the back of my mind, I wonder if positive cases just aren’t being reported so they can keep playing. Not every league is perfectly scrupulous.

I agree that this will happen
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes, I've wondered about this too. I've seen enough parents mad about ref calls, player positions, etc. that imagine there could be significant blowback among some parents if one player's illness forced the whole team to quarantine for two weeks and forfeit games or tournaments.

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Yes, I've wondered about this too. I've seen enough parents mad about ref calls, player positions, etc. that imagine there could be significant blowback among some parents if one player's illness forced the whole team to quarantine for two weeks and forfeit games or tournaments.
    Yep - saw that here. One player positive and you have half the parents mad that practice/games are canceled and the other half mad that the asymptomatic, secondary contact kid, who was tested out of abundance of caution, was even at practice to begin with.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

I suspect like anything else this varies by location, but I think people underestimate how seriously most people take covid ( not saying that’s everyone, but most people). One child on a travel team with one of my kids had a college age sibling who got covid. They locked that kid in their room, leaving meals at the door, and everyone else quarantined for 2 weeks. The child on the travel team got three negative tests over that time period (no one else in family got covid other than college age kid).

I’ve been to two tournaments, both limited to players from northeast/MidAtlantic (Virginia, but not NC). In addition to certifying to the health of my participating child, I, like all spectators, have had to wear a mask at all times, and only one parent per child allowed to attend. I have witnessed more than once a tournament worker scold a parent whose mask is nt on properly until they fix it. They have been some rule changes to limit contact.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3