Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Travel baseball family here. Kids are certainly "exceptionally undistanced," especially in the dugout. Kids have exposure to other teams during play, including base runners and basemen. However, exposure is exceptionally quick and way less than the 15-30 minutes CDC believes is necessary for transmission. Note that kids on the same team are together every day for practice and almost all day Friday-Sunday. They have pretty much been in a pod together since June.

Kids are outside in hot and humid air. We have a 5% positivity rate. While my kids are doing some basketball inside, they are not doing tournaments.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We're in MI, where COVID is somewhat controlled and we do have families doing this - but they have to leave the state for tournaments. It is a strong "no way" for us, and I'm grateful that our club has paused. We did have drills training briefly when the numbers were super low, but it was outdoors and distanced.

So in my town, baseball season was completely cancelled this past spring due to our lockdown. And I know specifically for travel baseball teams, they restarted the season end of June but only sticking with NY and rest of NJ against to compete. It minimize the need for out of state travel, staying in hotels etc. during practice in my town, the dugouts is empty. They take temp checks at beginning of practice and games.

DS1 plays soccer and has been in couple of games so far. I find soccer is more vilgiant with covid. He has upcoming tournament end of this month in south jersey, but my husband and I made the decision to come back home and drive down each day. We don’t want to do the hotel thing as previously done in past tournaments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

MSWR0319 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have many friends who were doing this. I honestly couldn't believe it. Those same friends have been touting not wearing masks also because "We traveled everywhere this summer and no one got sick". I just don't understand it. My 8 year old decided not to play ball because he knew they wouldn't social distance in the dug out. Pretty sad when an 8 year old can figure it out and grown adults can't.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Travel baseball family here. Kids are certainly "exceptionally undistanced," especially in the dugout. Kids have exposure to other teams during play, including base runners and basemen. However, exposure is exceptionally quick and way less than the 15-30 minutes CDC believes is necessary for transmission. Note that kids on the same team are together every day for practice and almost all day Friday-Sunday. They have pretty much been in a pod together since June.

Kids are outside in hot and humid air. We have a 5% positivity rate. While my kids are doing some basketball inside, they are not doing tournaments.
    Yes to all of this. DD and Ds1 both played ball this summer (softball and baseball). I admit most spectators don’t wear masks but families sit 6 feet apart. Plus being outside I feel comfortable.

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

In our area it is volleyball and football. Every few days there are new positives on the football teams that are practicing.
    I think our area is so focused on making football happen, there will be no chance of basketball once folks figure out these kids can’t play without outbreaks. That’s just the way it is in this pandemic.
    K

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We had the Pony Finals 5 minutes away. 2500 (or more?) people from every state, including all the hot current ones at the time. Everyone arrived and it was a disaster. A bunch of positives before it even started. Cancelled two days before and there were stranded ponies (commercial shippers/planes can't just accommodate last minute needs) and sad kids. It was outside and masked unless riding, but spread like wildfire!
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are a travel family, but I'm not sure that travel will happen. We are signed up for hockey but I fully expect it to be local only and possibly practice only. Our county is being careful. Right now, just practicing.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    We are a travel family, but I'm not sure that travel will happen. We are signed up for hockey but I fully expect it to be local only and possibly practice only. Our county is being careful. Right now, just practicing.
    Us too, hockey in Illinois is deemed high risk, no games except maybe unofficial scrimmages. Not even sure rinks will let us practice in a few weeks, hopefully later in but DS is doing conditioning camp right now. Hockey rinks have taken extraordinary measures and limit time inside, make them mostly dress in the parking lot, masks until they take the ice.

DD played in a lacrosse tournament a few weeks ago in the Chicago suburbs, no hotels for us as we are close and the tournament was well run, lots of distancing and girls lax is no contact and they are not that close on the field and were spread out on the sidelines.

Many of DS's buddies play travel baseball and went to quite a few tournaments around the Midwest, none had any canceled games due to positive cases, the moms said they were pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Many of DS's buddies play travel baseball and went to quite a few tournaments around the Midwest, none had any canceled games due to positive cases, the moms said they were pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    In the back of my mind, I wonder if positive cases just aren’t being reported so they can keep playing. Not every league is perfectly scrupulous.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast