Default 2 Bitches in one Day!!

Yeesh, it has been a doozy....

1. In the middle of all of the Covid craziness, I got an opportunity to move back into a management position, get a raise, and go from 32 hours a week to FT. In an area I have never managed/worked. But I am good at managing people and creating systems which is what this service line desperately needs. Then there is a hiring freeze, so I am doing my old job--Regulatory Compliance-plus my new job. fun-not. But I am making it work. Finally get the ok to post for my old job. There is a lot in this job. But I was doing it in 32 hours a week and rocking it. A sum total of 2 candidates make it through the HR screening--both internal to the larger organization. I do phone screen interviews with those folks last Friday and am basically told--that my job is too hard. WHUCK!!!! I have done this job for 17 years, while doing 80% of the parenting with 2 children. If I can do it in 32 hours, they can do it in 40. Clearly the jobs just below my old job are way too cushy. Or people 20 younger than me are real whiners. Give me a break.

2. DH had the NERVE to complain last night that he isn't sleeping as well because he is.....waking up 2x in the middle of the night to pee AND he has been getting all sweaty in the middle of the night this last week. DUDE!!!!! Do you know how many times I have been getting up in the middle of the night to pee for the last NINETEEN YEARS?????? (DS will be 18 in a couple of months) And sweaty once in the middle of the night??? Try regularly scheduled hot flashes at 10 am and 2 pm EVERY DAY not to mention an evening one and usually at least one or two in the middle of the night. I consider myself lucky--I am not sweating through my pajamas and sheets. I can think of plenty of women who have it worse. Seriously, buddy--go cry to somebody else!!!!!

Honestly, people, put on your big girl panties and deal with it.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hope you get better candidates! Geez
    I recently went through Covid related anxiety and was waking up to hot flashes. They went away with the anxiety, so that’s what it was, but it Didn’t help that it felt like a Covid symptom, fever- I checked several times and it wasn’t. I assumed at first it was menopausal, and maybe there’s a connection to that, too? Maybe your dh will finally have some empathy for your ongoing hot flashes!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default 2 Bitches in one Day!!

Ugh. Hear you in the whining and being driven crazy. DH is on my last nerve today. I’ve got a tonne of jobs to finish up before I start back to work on Monday, plus lots of prep to do for Monday. I’m hiding out in the hot garage right now

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 08-13-2020 at 11:16 PM.