Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post

Breakfast ideas welcome too, especially for kids who don't typically like to eat breakfast/aren't hungry in the mornings. I am making SOME kind of breakfast a requirement, it can be very simple like a glass of milk and that's it...I just want it to have some protein.
    When I was your kids' age, I also wasn't particularly hungry in the mornings, but I could manage Instant Breakfast (now called Carnation Breakfast Essentials.) I know it's sugary, but for kids who don't/can't eat (I actually couldn't eat - it would make me queasy) in the mornings, it can be just enough fuel to get through to lunchtime.

If it makes you feel better, the boxes and individual envelopes have smoothie ideas, some of which I used so I could have "road breakfast" when I was pregnant with DD (would have a smoothie in a travel cup to calm queasiness on the commute and eat a real breakfast of oatmeal or yogurt when I arrived at the office.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS who is 14 has mastered making homemade "chili mac", he has learned how to ground beef/drain it if necessary, cook the pasta etc and most importantly do the dishes. He is also an expert at mac and cheese (we buy the Miejer brand like Velveeta), with a ham sandwich etc. He will make cheesy roll ups (like Taco bell has) and add ham or turkey and microwave them.

Frozen waffles or cereal for breakfast, heat up already cooked bacon (he's allergic to peanuts and eggs so that elimnates some things). He also likes the instant breakfast option. All fruit gives him a "sore throat" our allergist says its something about his food allergies, he isnt allergic to fruit but gets uncomfortable. Same with raw veggies, but he can eat any cooked veggie.

Reheating leftovers is easy from previous dinner.

DD is 17 and she cooks herself anything. She found a hack to make quesadilla's in the toaster.

We also do frozen chicken tenders etc.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DS has started to make his own smoothies. He may just eat that and snacks until dinner. There’s plenty of other options he chooses not to have. He’s 15 so capable of feeding himself

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2