Default After market back up camera?

DD can start driving to school in a little over a month. The car we have for her is old (2007 Subaru Tribeca) doesn’t have a back up camera. Since it’s a crossover, visibility with just the mirrors isn’t the best. Anyone have recommendations? Thanks!
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

They can drive at 14? My DS is the exact same age, I can't imagine him driving yet! A friend has that car, it's a great car for a kid to drive!

I think it's really important to learn without the back up camera, I just recently got a car with one, my 08 Edge didn't have one, but I think looking back and checking around is such an important thing to learn. My DD is 17 is now driving her grandma's 1997 Buick, it's a tank, and she couldn't figure out at first how to plug in her charger, had to show her what the lighter was lol!

Default After market back up camera?

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    They can drive at 14? My DS is the exact same age, I can't imagine him driving yet! A friend has that car, it's a great car for a kid to drive!

I think it's really important to learn without the back up camera, I just recently got a car with one, my 08 Edge didn't have one, but I think looking back and checking around is such an important thing to learn. My DD is 17 is now driving her grandma's 1997 Buick, it's a tank, and she couldn't figure out at first how to plug in her charger, had to show her what the lighter was lol!
    Yes! She can drive to school at 14.5. It’s actually HS swim practice at 5:30am. And then back again after school. She will be distancing learning.

She can back up without it. But I’d feel more comfortable with her having it for crowded parking lots. And she’s feel better too. I mean she will be backing up at the same time as many other teen drivers, so a back up camera seems safer
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So she can drive with out you in the car? DD went back to high school swim practice this week, but they are 100% distance, and our area has a 1.8% positivity rate. Meets will be strange, limit of 50 in the natatorium including spectators, and our team is 30 girls.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    So she can drive with out you in the car? DD went back to high school swim practice this week, but they are 100% distance, and our area has a 1.8% positivity rate. Meets will be strange, limit of 50 in the natatorium including spectators, and our team is 30 girls.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yes, she can drive without me in the car at 14.5 to/from school and school activities. She has been club swimming since June. Same protocols in high school: masks in/out, distancing for their stuff, distancing in lanes (max 4 kids per lane, spaced out). We have one venue for meets for club swimming: each age group in own session. Kids paraded out before each event (like finals sessions), swim to far end to exit pool. Officials at 4 corners. One timer per lane. Masks required for officials, timers, and coaches. Live streaming available. High school team is big. 25 girls practicing with varsity and about 45 with JV or diving (divided into two practice groups). DD is in the varsity group.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    DD can start driving to school in a little over a month. The car we have for her is old (2007 Subaru Tribeca) doesn’t have a back up camera. Since it’s a crossover, visibility with just the mirrors isn’t the best. Anyone have recommendations? Thanks!
    There are several options on Amazon. I got one like this because my husband thought having a front camera would be cool. We didn't wire up the back camera, but we did check it out and it is great.

Added bonus it records front and back, so if there is a fender bender, there's video.

There are plenty of license plate options too, whatever seems easiest to install, honestly.