Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Anyone have the Dash mini griddles, sandwich, or waffle makers?

Saw that many of these are on sale for $10 at Kohls (before coupons) and thought I might grab one for DD1 who turns 14 in Sept. She likes making breakfast for us all on weekends, but I thought she might enjoy these to make herself breakfast sandwiches, etc. I already have a 2 waffle and 4 waffle maker for the family, as well as a cake ball maker and a George Foreman grill. These just looked cute and I thought she may like experimenting with one. But if they are junky I don't want to add to the appliances in our kitchen!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We don't have that brand, but I did buy the Proctor Silex Hot Sandwich Maker since the lockdown and its been great for my boys. I like that it can fit bigger slices of bread since the kind we buy is more rectangular, not square. My mom also uses it with sourdough slices. My boys have had a blast making gourmet grilled cheeses with different types of cheeses and meats. It's currently sold out on Amazon, but it seems to go in and out of stock regularly. I paid $35 for it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RNT1J7S..._hhxnFb06NVQ4K

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

We have the waffle maker. I bought it with the intention of making and freezing waffles to be heated up in the toaster. It's the perfect size for that. It works really well! Just as well as (if not better than) the other waffle makers we have. You've got me looking at some of the other Dash products now.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You know what, I looked up the Dash and realized my mom actually has the Dash mini waffle maker. She likes it because it's cute but I think it's dumb because it's so tiny and uses the tiniest amount of batter (the waffle recipes I have make way more batter and then you'd have to spend way too much time making tons of tiny waffles)! My mom actually has it at my house right now but no one uses it.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by keh602 View Post
    We have the waffle maker. I bought it with the intention of making and freezing waffles to be heated up in the toaster. It's the perfect size for that. It works really well! Just as well as (if not better than) the other waffle makers we have. You've got me looking at some of the other Dash products now.
    I know, I can't decide between the sandwich maker, the griddle, or the waffle maker. The pie maker is so cute too! Trying to figure out which one would be more diverse. There is a Dash waffle idea cookbook on Amazon too, that might be fun to wrap up with the waffle maker. I thought I'll get one for DD1 for her b-day, and if its a hit, I can get a different one for DD2 for her birthday in November and they can create meals together.

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    I know, I can't decide between the sandwich maker, the griddle, or the waffle maker. The pie maker is so cute too! Trying to figure out which one would be more diverse. There is a Dash waffle idea cookbook on Amazon too, that might be fun to wrap up with the waffle maker. I thought I'll get one for DD1 for her b-day, and if its a hit, I can get a different one for DD2 for her birthday in November and they can create meals together.
    I showed them to DH, and he added some to his cart. I saw that waffle book too! It's on my list. I think your idea is great.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I used to use a sandwich maker like crazy in college. Recently I was cleaning out a kitchen cabinet and realized that I still have one. It’s been a huge hit with 14yo DS! He makes ham or turkey and cheese (and likes to put avocado on it; the avocado doesn’t get too hot/grilled/gross). I also showed him how he could make a pizza pocket by putting a bit of pasta sauce on both slices of bread and putting shredded mozzarella and pepperoni (or what we toppings). He really enjoyed that. I like that he’s making reasonably healthy sandwiches without drowning them in butter like he would for traditional grilled cheese.

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I used to use a sandwich maker like crazy in college. Recently I was cleaning out a kitchen cabinet and realized that I still have one. It’s been a huge hit with 14yo DS! He makes ham or turkey and cheese (and likes to put avocado on it; the avocado doesn’t get too hot/grilled/gross). I also showed him how he could make a pizza pocket by putting a bit of pasta sauce on both slices of bread and putting shredded mozzarella and pepperoni (or what we toppings). He really enjoyed that. I like that he’s making reasonably healthy sandwiches without drowning them in butter like he would for traditional grilled cheese.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I don’t have that. We have a Krups Belgian, and a Black and Decker regular iron.

My sandwich maker is 20 something years old and from Villaware (I don’t think they exist anymore) and we use it frequently.

I am however tempted by this because I love egg bites:
    https://smile.amazon.com/DBBM450GBRD...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast