Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Technology and MS welcome message

We got a "welcome message" sent to all of the middle school (MS) parents' emails yesterday talking about some of the upcoming "challenges" with virtual learning and technology.

During the prerecorded message from the principal, there were three serious glitches in the sound and the banner above the man's head (that he referred to several times) was mirrored so we couldn't read it. All in a message just over three minutes long.

This does not bode well for the level of competence in technology for the upcoming school year!!!!

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This mirrors our online experience so far. It's been a week and a half and my kids have had every glitch imaginable. Can't see teacher, can't hear teacher, teacher can't hear kids, sound delay, getting kicked off system, wrong assignment posted, you name it. Can't wait for in person school to start back up. At least the kids are learning patience and persistence!

The theme for my kids' school this year is "Give Grace". It's quite appropriate and I just hope they give it in our direction when my kid mixes up meeting times or an assignment.

Helping my kids with school organization has seriously become a full-time job because of all the back and forth on technology. Fun times ahead!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Live and learn. Be kind, it sucks right now, we are all trying the best that we can.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hope things are going better now that you've actually started! I know our prerecorded principals' messages were worrisome for many of the same reasons you mentioned. (Although you'd think they would have caught & fixed the reversed banner...) But the teachers aren't having the issues it looked like we might in those welcome to school messages.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)