Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    He acted on my advice and things are much better. He is forming a friend group. The thing that helped the most is that the school provided some more activities. Now there is something (table tennis, pool, arcade...) for the kids who need something else to do. He likes his classes too. So, fingers crossed! It might never be the school for him but hoping to get through the fall. Thanks for listening! It's been a hard week!
    Yay! I’m happy to hear this. We might be in the same situation next year.. ugh
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Glad to hear things are better!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yay, glad to hear things are going better!

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

That's a good update! At least for this year
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

I admire the way you have parented through this!

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

He acted on my advice and things are much better. He is forming a friend group. The thing that helped the most is that the school provided some more activities. Now there is something (table tennis, pool, arcade...) for the kids who need something else to do. He likes his classes too. So, fingers crossed! It might never be the school for him but hoping to get through the fall. Thanks for listening! It's been a hard week!
    I love this update! Everyone loves ping pong. Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Yay! I’m happy to hear this. We might be in the same situation next year.. ugh
    Evidently mine has been texting/talking to his grandma (my mom) and said that he has a lot of could've/would've/should'ves about choosing a college. He knows much better what sort of questions to ask and what to look for. I'll share with you his wisdom after I talk to him. He didn't get to do an official tour at his school because he opted to visit with his aunt and uncle and have them be his guide. When it came time for accepted student says, they were cancelled due to Covid. That didn't help. But, he still might not have really known what to investigate on his visit. He also said he should have done a lot more research over the summer on how to find opportunities (not that it would have helped this year since there are none). He did say that he wished he had signed up for housing with like minded students...which I tried to encourage him to do. Many colleges are offering that nowadays so I would put that on your radar.
    I hope we are on the other side of the discontent and sadness. If we are then it was really a short but stressful blip. If it happens to you then hopefully our experience will serve as a positive motivator.

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Having a HS Senior, this whole discussion, including how you have handled it, has been helpful!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Evidently mine has been texting/talking to his grandma (my mom) and said that he has a lot of could've/would've/should'ves about choosing a college. He knows much better what sort of questions to ask and what to look for. I'll share with you his wisdom after I talk to him. He didn't get to do an official tour at his school because he opted to visit with his aunt and uncle and have them be his guide. When it came time for accepted student says, they were cancelled due to Covid. That didn't help. But, he still might not have really known what to investigate on his visit. He also said he should have done a lot more research over the summer on how to find opportunities (not that it would have helped this year since there are none). He did say that he wished he had signed up for housing with like minded students...which I tried to encourage him to do. Many colleges are offering that nowadays so I would put that on your radar.
    I hope we are on the other side of the discontent and sadness. If we are then it was really a short but stressful blip. If it happens to you then hopefully our experience will serve as a positive motivator.
    good to know! DS is so different from my dd, so I feel like he’s a first in some ways

Please continue to share. Theme housing is a good idea.
    I worry about him as he needs others to draw him out- he is never the initiator for social things. I can see him hiding away alone if Covid restrictions are still there. Fingers crossed that it’ll be over!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Whatever happens with future transfer, your son has learned so much in just a week or two. Covid is really mucking things up, but he is finding his way anyway, you should be super proud (even if it took a bit of a tough love pep talk or maybe more than a bit). It sounds like he will either find his path where he is, or have a really good idea of what he is looking for if he decides to transfer.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7