Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: bar stools

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default bar stools

Anyone have some not super expensive bar stools they like? We are in a strange work from home moving into a new house old house furniture not here yet and won't be for a few months place and I'd like 2 comfortable temporary bar stools (random I know)
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've always liked the Julien bar stools at Grandin Road--they get excellent reviews and are priced well. I bought ones with backs though (I bought some from overstock that were nice but replaced with a great deal on some I got at Frontgate).

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'm on that hunt as well. Our problem is we hate the hammered nail look and it is so common in the stool style we like (saddle). Check Pier 1. They had a lot of good choices. We originally wanted ones with backs and had some picked out there.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My only comment here is if you are going to get bar stools with backs on them, make sure they swivel. Otherwise you have to pull the entire stool to move it in and out away from the counter.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    I've always liked the Julien bar stools at Grandin Road--they get excellent reviews and are priced well. I bought ones with backs though (I bought some from overstock that were nice but replaced with a great deal on some I got at Frontgate).
    We have had the Julien for 5 years and I still love them. Comfortable, easy to slide in/out and pick up, look good, and the price is right.

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I'm on that hunt as well. Our problem is we hate the hammered nail look and it is so common in the stool style we like (saddle). Check Pier 1. They had a lot of good choices. We originally wanted ones with backs and had some picked out there.
    We have saddle stools that I found at Walmart. They do have hammered nails, but they were so inexpensive and are sturdy if assembled tightly. Kohls also sells ones very similar in assorted seat colors
    mom to Billy 12/07

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default bar stools

Quote Originally Posted by 3isEnough View Post
    We have had the Julien for 5 years and I still love them. Comfortable, easy to slide in/out and pick up, look good, and the price is right.
    Bumping up this old post....because we need counter height stools too! We had bought some from Ikea, but they are better suited for kids or petite adults so we are looking for something bigger. I am 5’6” and all legs and my knees almost touch the top of our counter (my legs are 32” long so the same as DH who is 6’0”). I like the look of the Julien, but don’t you miss the back?

I am debating between two from Crate and Barrel, a few from Wayfair, and two from Room & Board.

We only need 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 08-14-2020 at 08:40 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Can you link to the ones you're considering, Annie? We are almost done with our renovation and will need 4 counter stools. I want backs and I want them to be comfortable for 1+ hour of sitting.

I found these leather stools with backs on Crate & Barrel but they don't swivel and I wonder if we'll be annoyed pulling the stool in and out every time.

I do want to try out stools in person. I didn't think that was going to be an option during COVID restrictions (retail stores aren't open here). However, we managed to get a "private" appt. at Bassett Furniture even during COVID to pick out a dining table set and sectional. We were surprised that some of the cushioned chairs just weren't comfortable, so we ended with simple wood seats that were surprisingly comfortable. I might do wooden seats for counter stools, like these from Crate & Barrel, but definitely need to sit on them first.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have see a lot of barstools come up on Facebook market recently!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

we ended up with three of these and they are lovely
    https://store.mercana.com/product-68761-html
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast