lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Anyone Tried Banana Republic Masks?

I like bold prints, so the shaped masks from Banana Republic have caught my eye, but I want to hear real-life experiences with them.

Mostly, I am looking to answer sizing and washing questions - is the sizing true to the dimensions given on the website (how I determine whether or not the mask will be deep enough nose-to-chin for me) or does it run small/big?

I am currently wearing the plain pleated masks from Old Navy, which are comfortable, but they feel a bit big/loose on me. Fortunately, I am not really going anywhere, so it's a moot point, but I will be starting up in-person, outdoor GS meetings soon and I want to set an example for my girls. (Per our council regulations, everyone must be masked & observe physical distancing between unrelated Scouts.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I haven’t tried the Banana Republic version, but do you have the new Old Navy masks with adjustable ear loops? Those might help you get a tighter fit. I picked up a pack for DS because I was having a really hard time finding something that fit him well. With the ear loops we can get a nice snug fit. The mask part is a little deep on his face but I just flip it under once under his chin and that seems to help.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    I haven’t tried the Banana Republic version, but do you have the new Old Navy masks with adjustable ear loops? Those might help you get a tighter fit. I picked up a pack for DS because I was having a really hard time finding something that fit him well. With the ear loops we can get a nice snug fit. The mask part is a little deep on his face but I just flip it under once under his chin and that seems to help.
    No, I bought the "first-run" ON masks before DD's first week of (outdoor! distanced!) Girl Scout daycamp because both campers and parents doing drop-off/pick-up needed to be masked, and they're just plain pleated masks with ear elastics. They're fine, but they feel "big."
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Ah, OK. The first version does run a little big. I have a big head and they fit me great lol, so I understand them being too loose for average-size faces/heads.

The ones with the ear adjusters are the same pleated style and price. You can really cinch them up. They are the only style the stores carry now.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09