Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Thanks! I may get the Neutrogena or the Clinique, since they seem to be the cheapest.

I know I really should wash my face at night. I just really hate getting my face wet at night. I know that sounds crazy. I used to use makeup wipes when I used to wear makeup more because I hate that wet face feeling.
    Me too with getting my face wet that is when I started using micelar water. People rave about Bioderma, but I like the one with the pink top from Garnier better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Your skin care routine sounds like mine. I easily skim right past skin care discussions on here because I just don't use any products (I use bodywash to wash it in the shower). My mom is a shopaholic and frequently gives me her leftover Clinique gift bag stuff so I have used that moisturizer when I decide to be more of an adult and try to have a regime. But, I quickly abandon it. I also have some Neurtogena and it's fine.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you don't wash your face at night, try the Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Toner!! I really like it, as it provides just enough light hydration (and as a bonus for you, would help to gently cleanse your face). The RESIST replenishing toner feels even more hydrating. I have both and use the RESIST when my skin feels extra dry. (I have pretty oily skin, so the Skin Balancing Toner is usually plenty enough moisture for me, except for the coldest/driest winter days).
    Last edited by twowhat?; 09-01-2020 at 05:46 PM.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    If you don't wash your face at night, try the Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Toner!! I really like it, as it provides just enough light hydration (and as a bonus for you, would help to gently cleanse your face). The RESIST replenishing toner feels even more hydrating. I have both and use the RESIST when my skin feels extra dry. (I have pretty oily skin, so the Skin Balancing Toner is usually plenty enough moisture for me, except for the coldest/driest winter days).
    How do you apply this?
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks! I may get the Neutrogena or the Clinique, since they seem to be the cheapest.

I know I really should wash my face at night. I just really hate getting my face wet at night. I know that sounds crazy. I used to use makeup wipes when I used to wear makeup more because I hate that wet face feeling.
    I hate washing my face in the morning, so i just get the corner of a washcloth wet and wring it totally out, then wipe my whole face with it. My derm liked that plan because it's getting the oils and whatever off my skin to start with clean canvas for sunscreen, etc. Also, the washcloth is a little bit exfoliating. So maybe at least wipe off your skin with a damp washcloth? You can pat dry with a nice dry towel if you want.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

How do you apply this?
    You can apply it with a cotton pad. Or just dispense a small amount in your palm, rub together, and rub it on your face. I do the latter because then I don't feel like I'm wasting product
    But I do wash my face at night. If you'd like to skip washing your face, then I would probably go with the cotton pad method - wet the cotton pad and swipe it across your face to clean and gently exfoliate, then turn the cotton pad over to the clean side, add a few more drops, and swipe all over your face to leave on as a light moisturizer.

erv917 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I use Paula's Choice BHA and Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen too, not sure if that necessarily means we have similar skin types, but FWIW this Cerave is what I use at night and I'm happy with it.

https://www.cerave.com/skincare/mois...urizing-lotion

It's unscented and I've found it pretty mild. The Neutrogena Hydroboost is nice too, I recommend using the one for extra dry skin because for some reason it's unscented while the "regular" kind has fragrance.

If you decide to try Retin-A again, one trick for getting your skin used to it to put on your moisturizer first, then the Retin-A. Only use the Retin-A 2x a week or so, then work up to more often.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2