chlobo is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Has anyone heard of Bloomberg or Asko appliances?

I am trying to buy my mother appliances from an actual appliance store as we are not having good luck with Lowes & Home Depot. The local store does not have a model that fits her aesthetic requests in the commonly known brands. I am wondering if anyone has heard of these brands and had experience with them?

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    I am trying to buy my mother appliances from an actual appliance store as we are not having good luck with Lowes & Home Depot. The local store does not have a model that fits her aesthetic requests in the commonly known brands. I am wondering if anyone has heard of these brands and had experience with them?
    I bought an Asko two houses ago. It was great, similar to Miele in quality. I think the brand is Swedish.

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We had an asko dishwasher in the old house. Only thing to note is that the dishwasher had a regular plug and not flying leads so there may need to be some electrical work done. Otherwise the dishwasher worked well and lasted 12 years.

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Our new rental condo has an Akso dishwasher. I know it is a reputable brand, but I hated the dishwasher when we stayed there two weeks this summer due to the interior layout. It is so poorly set up that it doesn't hold dishes well, they clang together and chip, it holds WAAAAY less than my Miele at home even though at a quick glance they seem similarly laid out. It's like the prongs are both too close together and not tall enough? Anyway, it drove us all nuts.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Has anyone heard of Bloomberg or Asko appliances?

I read online on the Yale Appliance Blog that Blomberg has been the North American sales name for a Turkish appliance company called Beko, but now they are starting to sell in North America as Beko. The review I read was regarding dishwashers.

https://blog.yaleappliance.com/beko-...id-dishwashers

ETA: we ended up getting a Miele vs. the Kitchen Aid reviewed above because I liked the 3rd rack options better. I would’ve been okay with no 3rd rack on the Kitchen Aid (like the one we had before....purchased from a chain of high end regional appliance stores owned by Best Buy, Pacific Sales), but it looks like Kitchen Aid doesn’t make a higher end dishwasher without the 3rd rack anymore. Also the salesman at the appliance store said that the dishwashers people come in prepared to buy are Asko, and Miele. I definitely recommend looking at tine placement on the dishwasher because I probably would’ve considered a Bosch, but after using my Grandma’s Bosch (which she loves) neither DH nor I could understand the need for the slanted tines especially if you have thicker American style stoneware dishes. Doesn’t bother my 91 year old Grandma, but it was a deal breaker for myself and DH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 09-02-2020 at 03:10 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My mom got an Asko from her local appliance store over 5 years ago and loves it. It is super quiet! no repair issues.