Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Last year, there was a TEACHER who at least 2x had meetings without pants on .... as evidenced when she got up ..... to go to the bathroom! how do I know? Her Camera was on! I was frantically texting her privately to turn the camera off. She has since retired!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    Last year, there was a TEACHER who at least 2x had meetings without pants on .... as evidenced when she got up ..... to go to the bathroom! how do I know? Her Camera was on! I was frantically texting her privately to turn the camera off. She has since retired!
    Oh my!!

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    My 6th grade has even and odd days, but Tues and Thurs and odd days (1,3,5), and Wed and Fri are even days (2,4,6). Monday is check in day so they go to every class for w0 minutes. He is on zoom from 9-2:15, but gets a 30 minute lunch. After he gets done zooming every day, he has at least another 3 hours of homework to complete. It’s a crazy amount of work, but fairly organized. My younger son zooms from 9-12, and then has a few hours of homework, which he doesn’t do until later on when I can help him.

My students have no problem being on zoom and are more than glad to be on camera and talk on zoom. I’ve met all of their pets, baby siblings, toys, etc and it’s only been 12 days.
    Why does a 6th grader have 3 hours of homework???? That is not ok. Remote or in regular I'm person learning, 3 hrs at that age seems way too much!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Why does a 6th grader have 3 hours of homework???? That is not ok. Remote or in regular I'm person learning, 3 hrs at that age seems way too much!!!

He is in all honors classes and a highly accelerated math class. My friends with middle schoolers say this is a typical amount of homework?? He had at least this much last year in 5th grade (Elem school) when they were in person learning, but he had a crazy teacher who should have retired years ago. I think the struggle for him is after being on zoom all day and then doing more on the computer is a lot. If he were siting in class and then coming home to do the work, it wouldn't bother him so much.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    No pants??? I could see pajama pants or sweats, but no pants?? Yikes!!

I'm afraid to wear shorts while I am zooming, because when we stand up to do our dance breaks, my shorts may show, and I would never wear shorts to school, just capris or long pants. However, since it is 100+ degrees here, I gave in. I have knee length shorts and a nice top. I don't think the kids can see I am only in shorts, but even if they could, I do not think parents would complain.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post

I would agree and one of the reasons we chose my sons' charter elementary and middle schools was because their homework amounts seemed reasonable coming from our local public school where it always seemed like too much and a constant battle to get done, even in the lower elementary grades.

My 6th grade son is not on Zoom the entire day. They meet on Zoom Monday - Thursday at 10am, 12pm, and 2pm for 45 minutes each time and then they are supposed to have "independent work time" for an hour between each class. This allows them to get the homework done from each class during the period before the next class. They have 3 classes a day, which means each class meets twice a week on Zoom. Fridays is an all school community meeting only and then independent work time and office hours to get any work done that wasn't completed during the week. It's going very well so far. DS1 is a senior, and his private high school is doing something similar so that the kids are not on Zoom the entire day like they were in the spring. They have a regular schedule on Fridays though.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2