MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default MacBook keyboard won’t type??

Help!! My MacBook keyboard will not type. The tracking pad works fine. I’ve rebooted and that did nothing. I tried doing something to reset the keyboard that I found online, but that didn’t work either. Has anyone had this happen?? It worked fine and then I woke up yesterday morning and it wasn’t working.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No, but yesterday the internet wouldn't work on either of my MacBooks, but it worked on every other device we had in the house. I'm wondering if there was some sort of software update?

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

press and hold Ctrl + Option + Shift, then press and hold the power button for ten seconds. After the 10 seconds have passed, release the keys and power button, then press the power button to power on the computer.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    press and hold Ctrl + Option + Shift, then press and hold the power button for ten seconds. After the 10 seconds have passed, release the keys and power button, then press the power button to power on the computer.
    I tried this hoping it would work but no luck 😞. Guess we’ll have to call and hope they have pity on us to try and help since we don’t have apple care.