Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
Ugh!! What a hot mess! I just read an article about one of the Senators from Iowa saying she thought Covid deaths were overblown after the CDC said that only 6% didn’t have any other underlying conditions. You were the first person I thought of. Can you talk to the athletic director, superintendent, or school board? Play it as though your DH (he’s a dr right?) was watching the feed and would like to help offer some suggestions on how to make it safer? I’m assuming given the state of Iowa right now that there are no state requirements for sporting events?

I don’t know what I’d do if they won’t take your suggestions. Is there anyway your DD can stay masked right until she goes off the blocks and then find a spot to stay away as much as possible till her next event? It still doesn’t really help with possible virus load in the air, which would obviously be less if everyone was masked. I hate that you have to put her safety second if you want her to not ruin the rest of her swimming career.
Scary Q'anon garbage.

The benefit of swim competitions is that the virus doesn't like hot, humid air like found in indoor pools. Here, in Illinois, that would be very easy to escalate to athletic director, administration, etc. because there are so many strict protocols in place. To the extent there are protocols, I would rec escalating. It's simply not safe. Even if you are in a super safe state, still playing with fire.