trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Washer, Dryer and Lawn Mower are broken

DH ordered parts to fix them all, took 5 days, parts came, parts replaced. Washer, Dryer and Lawnmower still broken. Earliest a repair guy can come out is Tuesday.

AHHHHHHHHHHH

On top of that so many tech issues. Work computer keeps crashing, Power went out just before class, at least battery in lap top and wifi worked. Students won't use camera, makes discussion in breakout rooms super hard.

The number of preening and boob views is intense. I felt one class was too inappropriate to let DD1 walk by. Your zoom feed is not a mirror. And NO ONE wants to see your boobs.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Im sorry to hear some things broke at the same time. I hope you get them all repaired on Tuesday! I can’t find the jaw drop emoji for your classes.

Oh my gosh!!!! I am so sorry for all of the broken things!!!!

If it makes you feel better, DS school had to make a rule that students had to be out of bed when on Zoom class calls!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Do you just mean cleavage? I've been peeking at DS3 and DDs zoom meetings and yes, there is nose picking but no boobs, lol!

I can't imagine living without all of those things for so long. And I can't imagine trying to teach with that kind of inability to see your class. Ugh. At least you can rewear smelly clothes without anyone noticing! Or maybe just wearing your bra will help you connect with your students? (I'm 100% joking--I would never insinuate that you would teach that way!)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Oh my gosh!!!! I am so sorry for all of the broken things!!!!

If it makes you feel better, DS school had to make a rule that students had to be out of bed when on Zoom class calls!!!
    We have that rule about being out of bed. However, we ended up making an exception. One of my little guys is the youngest of 5 kids, and everyone is zooming. He is on his bottom bunk, and mom put up a sheet around his bed to give him his own space. It was the only quiet place they could find for him. He is dressed though and sitting up so we just go with it. It is so hard for many families with multiple kids trying to zoom at the same time. I thought we had out work spaced all set, but two weeks in, and we will be revamping our work areas this weekend, as our set up is not working well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Do you just mean cleavage? I've been peeking at DS3 and DDs zoom meetings and yes, there is nose picking but no boobs, lol!

I can't imagine living without all of those things for so long. And I can't imagine trying to teach with that kind of inability to see your class. Ugh. At least you can rewear smelly clothes without anyone noticing! Or maybe just wearing your bra will help you connect with your students? (I'm 100% joking--I would never insinuate that you would teach that way!)
    That is hilarious. I needed that!.
    Tracey

I teach college, so . . . . we have rules, but it is harder as they are adults.

Student this afternoon. Long blond hair, halter bra top, tight leggings, sprawled seductively on the couch, with phone angled in a way that showed off her cleavage and she kept brushing hair in a sensual way. Clearly not taking notes!

another student with very low cut shirt kept leaning into the camera.

another student, topless adult male wondering in the background.

The hardest was teaching to the dark screen. I even called on a student and they were NOT there!!!!

Funny my Gen Chem class, camera's on, note taking happening, night class for wanna be hygiene students, every camera on, questions galore. Gen ed chem class - total nightmare, see above.

As for the appliances - heading over to my dad's on saturday with a car topper full of dirty laundry!

As for the mower, it is only one of those push gas ones, been around 10 years, I might just go get a new one. Its been at the repair shop 5 days and he is no longer calling me back. I think it might be toast.
    Tracey

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yikes! I recently realized that I have to speak to the school about my kids' camera usage. girls share a room. No way can dd1 have her camera on by 7:30 when dd2 is in the room getting dressed!!!

2br house .... not much to be done about it!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!