Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I agree that Amazon is a great spot for these types of things! I wonder if OP is still having trouble with the mail? Rubbing alcohol has to be the hardest thing to find in my neighborhood. I have not been able to find it since quarantine started. Thankfully regular sanitizer is now widely available. Initially I was looking for it to make my own since I ALSO couldn't find sanitizer and quickly extinguished my own supply of rubbing alcohol to make sanitizer. My DH would like some to help clean off the 3D printer parts so I'm on the hunt!

That's a great fix for the lunch situation OP. What a crazy scenario! Good luck finding what you need!
    I was able to order alcohol from Walmart.com last week. It’s OOS now but I think if you keep checking it will be available when they receive more.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I didn't even think we needed a white board... ugh... Okay, DC just told me they have been using a handheld chalk board... That works !

Schools need to make it so much easier on families!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm sorry! Our elem tried hard to only ask for 5 supplies per grade but I'm not sure they really took into account art supplies and I know there are other supplies kids need (like pencils and erasers etc) that they didnt specify and some kids wont have. Boggles my mind that not everyone has pencils at home but several times last year I was told kids couldnt do their homework b/c they didnt have a pencil or a pencil sharpener at home.

HS did not ask for supplies .... they're waiting for 1st day of school ..... at which point, all the sales will be over!!

RE lunches, Over the summer, boys & girls were doing it daily which is a pain but they have multiple sites in town. During the closure and for the upcoming school year there will be pickup 5 lunches & breakfast in a bag. 1 pu day a week for a couple of hours. Last spring there was only 1 pu location which must be awful for families with no car. Or, if the families are working during that time. But everyone is doing the best they can.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My sister's boys started today and she could get exactly none of the supplies they needed because the local Walmart was sold out of everything and she wasn't able to go last week.

We are ordering DD the few things she needs for curbside pickup from Target, but she will need a lot less than my sister's children do and we'll FINALLY be able to reuse/use up the stuff we've been holding onto from past years.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

In person school started today and we got an email yesterday with a supply list. A little short notice? Thankfully I'm a school supply hoarder so I had everything but some parents were stressed out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2