Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

What does your council say? We are not yet allowed to meet indoors and, the way I read the guidelines (linked below), our outdoor meetings should be distanced and masked.

This is a link to the policies in mine: https://www.gscsnj.org/en/about-girl....html#meetings

For my troop, I am meeting outdoors, with masks and distance between unrelated Scouts/parents. I am assembling a basic supply kit for the girls which includes 1 pair of scissors, 1 small bottle of glue, 1 glue stick (which I have to purchase), 1 box of (24-count) crayons, 1 box of (12-count) colored pencils, 2 ballpoint pens, 2 (sharpened) pencils, a notebook (to be purchased), and a folder in which I will slide permission slips, the year-plan, and activities to be done on their own. All items will be packaged inside a plain hot pink canvas drawstring backpack; I ordered a 12-pack of these from Oriental Trading.

I looked at badges that would be more fun to do outdoors or things that I think parents could handle supervising if I provided supplies to the girls (i.e.- I can print the star-finders on cardstock that I bought last year for another project/event, but the girls have to cut/fold/glue them; I had a lot of great beaded jewelry supplies donated to us from one of my neighbors, so after I sort through it, I will assemble bracelet and/or ring kits for each girl ... for the bracelets, I may sneak in some binary code if there are enough beads; etc.) so that I have an actual plan to stick to, rather than just trying to wing it.

Since none of us know how this year will look, I also found the GSUSA-sponsored webinar "Tips for Troop Leaders LIVE: Planning the Troop Year in an Uncertain World" to be EXTREMELY encouraging and very helpful. (If you register at this link, you can view the playback: http://girlscoutsathome.girlscouts.o.../1597204800000. The webinar is about an hour long.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Deleted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2