Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I confess I'd be unconcerned with an F in art in a grade that doesn't "count" for anything in the future (anything besides high school) and would probably only be irritated at the teacher for a. sending an obnoxious email and b. sending it late and c. not mentioning anything when your DD is submitting work except it is via email vs a different program. (Teachers, I'd love to hear the "other side" of this. I'm probably being unfair.)
    I don’t think you are being unfair. I think at this point we all have to be flexible and give grace (parents and teachers). The first week of school I had a handful of parents having trouble getting logged in and uploading their child’s work. Many just sent it to me as an email. I accepted that and in the meantime set up a time to walk the parent through signing in and uploading their child’s work. I teach TK/K, so the reality is the parent has to do it, vs the child. I also did not set any deadlines. If they submit it same day, great. If the submit it at the end of the week, that is great too. I feel the parents of my students have already made many sacrifices in just trying to be there to help support their child’s learning the least I can do is be as flexible as possible and not make this any more difficult than it already is. I will add that I expect my parents to give me some grace as well. They know I have 2 young kids who are trying to do their schooling all by themselves. If they get logged out, or something crashes, they may need to come to me and ask for help in the middle of my zoom class. So far it has only happened once, and my students were so excited to see my son and asked him all sorts of questions. lol

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

*sigh* DD1 hasn't been turning in her playing time for band class. She's been doing it, but not taping it though the music app that she's required to. Except, she swears she has been. So, I told her teacher that she did 20 minutes yesterday and can he please let me know if it actually recorded?

DS is currently failing Finance. Because he hasn't turned in abotu half of his assignments. He's turning them in for EVERY OTHER CLASS. WHY is he not turning them in for that one? And of COURSE that's the only teacher he has both semesters this year. So she's got a bad taste in her mouth about him. I mean, he even didn't turn in his first day of school "all about me" assignment. He got credit for ME turning in emergency contact forms for that assignment, so he got a 40.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2