Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    erv917 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I would love the sweet potato gnocchi recipe if you’re up for sharing it!

Quote Originally Posted by AustenFan View Post
    We've been getting Raddish Kids boxes for years, so there are dozens of things from there my big kids can cook by themselves. (They're really great instructions! Better than the half dozen kid cookbooks we have and better than many of my grownup cookbooks as far as pictures and step by step directions.) Last week, my 13 year old made roasted chicken with chopped potatoes and carrots and my girls made sweet potato gnocchi with sage butter sauce from scratch. My 11 year old always makes our salads, and she will do tortellini and sausage, basic pasta, tacos, and all our cookies/crisps/brownies/muffins. They can do crockpot dump chicken/pork meals, too. I mostly use my 7 and 9 year old to wash/peel for me, so they're not cooking on their own yet, but they get all the prep work done, so all I have to do is combine. We do a lot of roasted sweet potatoes as a side, so I'll have the little kids peel and the big kids dice a few of those while I pull together the main meal, and then I can stick them all in the oven together. My mom mostly focused on teaching us main meals, so I had to figure out sides when I was first out on my own. I like having my kids doing sides now so that it's not a mystery when they have to menu plan and pull together a full meal on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by erv917 View Post
    I would love the sweet potato gnocchi recipe if you’re up for sharing it!
    Looks like they haven't posted it for free on their website (since the subscription includes the recipes, I feel funny about taking a picture of their recipe card--I know Cook's Illustrated really doesn't like when people post their recipes on the internet willy-nilly, so I try to only share recipes that people have already posted publicly), but sometimes they post bonus recipes here: https://www.raddishkids.com/blogs/bo...tagged/recipes

And this recipe is fairly similar. Of course, what you pay for with Raddish is the step-by-step instructions and pictures, especially for dishes you might not be as familiar with. Oh, I did put a picture of DD making the gnocchi up on my homeschool instagram.
    Sharing advice/encouragement for homeschoolers at Homeschooling for Normal People

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

duplicate post
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DD is 14 and has been cooking for 3-4 years now. She started out simple but worked her way up to more complex meals. Some of the easier things she makes are:

Spaghetti (with or without meatballs)
    Chicken piccata over pasta
    Chicken parmesan
    Grilled cheese with tomato soup
    Tacos
    Fajitas
    “Middle eastern night” - hummus, tabouli, stuffed grape leaves, tzatziki and pita bread, all purchased from our local middle eastern market, then she makes a cucumber tomato feta salad on the side
    Stirfry over rice
    Fried rice
    Pizza using frozen naan as the crust

She usually cooks her own lunch when her classes are over. Today was sauteed tofu with carrots, peas, green onion, and egg. She seasoned it with soy sauce, sesame oil and siracha. Sort of like fried rice without the rice.
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DD is 14 and has been cooking for 3-4 years now. She started out simple but worked her way up to more complex meals. Some of the easier things she makes are:

Spaghetti (with or without meatballs)
    Chicken piccata over pasta
    Chicken parmesan
    Grilled cheese with tomato soup
    Tacos
    Fajitas
    “Middle eastern night” - hummus, tabouli, stuffed grape leaves, tzatziki and pita bread, all purchased from our local middle eastern market, then she makes a cucumber tomato feta salad on the side
    Stirfry over rice
    Fried rice
    Pizza using frozen naan as the crust

She usually cooks her own lunch when her classes are over. Today was sauteed tofu with carrots, peas, green onion, and egg. She seasoned it with soy sauce, sesame oil and siracha. Sort of like fried rice without the rice.
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3