Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Funny thing happened on the way to Distance Learning....

For Fun:

What funny things have you had to deal with? Or even heard about? We're tired of struggling, and are looking for the "lighter side".

One student in DS's 1st period PE class had to have their schedule changed. The downstairs neighbors did not appreciate burpees on their ceiling at 7:30AM.

A fellow parent from DS's dojo got a letter from a teacher. Apparently, while her 6th grader was answering a question in a zoom meeting, her 8th grader flipped off the class. (Glad I don't have to deal with that one!)

Anyone else?

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I got a note from my 3rd grade DD's teacher because the class saw my 11 yo DS come into the screen frame in his undies after his shower. ��
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My boys are working in the living room while my husband and I teach our classes from other rooms. Apparently the other day they started throwing pencils at each other during their zoom meeting.

As a teacher, (keep in mind I’m teaching 4 yr olds), I have a group of all boys. We were talking about the letter F. I asked them if they could point to their feet. Next thing I know instead of pointing to their feet, they were all showing me their bare feet on zoom. lol

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh this is going to be good. I can't think of anything too bad yet. DS2 is the official arbiter of anything remotely embarrassing that could potentially come within 10 feet of him during a zoom call. My little kids mortify me daily by what they share about our family but that's kind of par for the course, lol!

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Nothing yet that I'm aware of, but I'm waiting on DS2 to say something totally inappropriate to his teacher during her check in call or his live class time. We're doing Connections Academy this year so we don't know these people, and they don't know that DS has no filter. Everyone who knows him in real life loves his personality (he embarrassed me to death though!) but not sure how a teacher who has never met him would take him. He's 8 and very advanced in math. She should be calling to check in this week and I can already hear him saying "Your math class is too easy and there is really no reason to be teaching so many extra steps. It just makes it more complicated to count on or count back when all you really have to do is add or subtract."

I did read that Kristen Bell's daughters cracked open O'Dules during their live lesson

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Funny thing happened on the way to Distance Learning....

In the first 2 days, my DD logs in to her zoom call and after taking roll call, the teacher announces “I’m waiting for xxx to join?” Then DD realizes her login is showing her brothers name!

DD has stories about how some kid accidentally said the f word etc.

Mine is from Monday, I have my headphones on in the morning and a meeting starts. I’m surprised it’s not on my calendar. It took me 2-3 mins to realize I’m hearing DDs teacher since she was starting with general small talk. Apparently my headphones had decided to connect over Bluetooth to her call!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Not much funny with my kids yet, but we have a few neighbors who are teachers. The guy who is a 4th grade teacher had to send out a letter to parents reminding them that everything in the vicinity of their children is broadcast to all. He said he's had numerous well-meaning mothers leaning over their children's desks in low cut tops, flashing him (and all on the calls).

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DH is assigned a fully remote class to teach. They have to teach from school but the work space isn’t ready yet so he’s been teaching from home. I’m still working from home 3 days a week. Some days I hear him repeatedly say things like “I can’t tell you are distracted by the television in the room, please return your focus to class.” “Please put the cat/dog/ferret down.” “Can you please turn the music down. It’s fun but we cannot hear you when you unmute to contribute to the discussion.” “Please stop fiddling with XYZ (insert household item) because it is causing you to be distracted.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

My friend’s daughter is in kindergarten. The teacher emailed my friend, asking that she remind her DD to please not bring the chromebook into the bathroom with her when she needs to go. Apparently her DD didn’t want to miss anything!!
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mm123 View Post
    My friend’s daughter is in kindergarten. The teacher emailed my friend, asking that she remind her DD to please not bring the chromebook into the bathroom with her when she needs to go. Apparently her DD didn’t want to miss anything!!
    Ok so that happened during my WORK meeting yesterday!! We had about 50 people for a division meeting and suddenly I could hear a toilet flushing!!! There were a couple of people it could have been, who were not muted and didn't have webcams on, so at least it was audio and not video!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast