Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    Ok so that happened during my WORK meeting yesterday!! We had about 50 people for a division meeting and suddenly I could hear a toilet flushing!!! There were a couple of people it could have been, who were not muted and didn't have webcams on, so at least it was audio and not video!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    How is that still happening among working adults lol. I could see back in March when it was all new and people were figuring out mute/unmute and video, but by golly by now we should all have a hang of that.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

DD is in 5th grade. She has one classmate repeatedly putting the ipad camera on his eyeball.

I'm somewhat amazed as how well they are doing in general.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My sister is a HS teacher and just shared a story from a colleague. Apparently one of the kids in his class set a photo of himself leaning in thoughtfully as his background. Her colleague was amazed when said kid walked into the room and sat in front of his background, lol. It always looks like he is paying attention.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    Ok so that happened during my WORK meeting yesterday!! We had about 50 people for a division meeting and suddenly I could hear a toilet flushing!!! There were a couple of people it could have been, who were not muted and didn't have webcams on, so at least it was audio and not video!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    This reminds me of a teaching experience waaaay before Zoom. Many years ago, my program was occupying a "mobile office unit" (yeah, it was a very old trailer) while our new building was being built. It had a large conference room, plus offices. When our students returned after we were in the snazzy new building, we asked them what they thought of it. One guy said wistfully, it’s nice, but in the trailer, you didn’t have to choose between listening to the lecture and using the restroom Yep, the walls were really that thin!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

So . . . I have heard the 1st grade teacher say "I don't think you cat likes that", I have hear a mom having a VERY personal phone call. Parents watching TV in the background.
    Middle school - teacher was on mute and no one told him for 15 minutes . . .
    My college kids - Lots of boobs and bad camera angles and purposeful posing to show boobs. Vaping on screen. Using an umbrella to "shoot" at things, political and racist signs in the background. I have spent more time with the student conduct folks in the last 10 days than in my previous 12 years.
    Everyday brings something new.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My 6th grader had to fill out a Google form last Friday at the end of the day with something new that she had learned that week. I'm pretty sure her teacher was looking for something she had learned from school. My daughter wrote "I learned that a phone can explode when you keep it plugged in too long." Yes, her phone battery had swollen up and popped the screen off her phone the night before. It did not actually explode (thank goodness!). And first thing Monday morning I heard her teacher asking her to explain exactly what had happened to her phone and whose phone was it

A few days after school started, my district sent out a reminder for parents to please be aware how much is picked up on your child's screen in the background, and that the teacher and other students can hear background conversations. My friend texted me wondering which parent had walked behind their child not fully clothed. I wondered who was swearing in the background at other kids, pets, etc.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I caught my daughter playing online solitaire during a class she said was boring.

Very early on I could hear my twins in the next room talking nonchalantly about how nice it was for the teacher to make DS3 the host. Then I heard, “hmm, we must have a break now”. I hurried into the room and said, no, something happened to the connection and we have to get your teacher back before you miss too much class!

My twins have the same teachers and same schedule. Sometimes they chat with each other to discuss notes and homework. This morning DD was rolling her hand across the keyboard and I looked over and she and her brother were having a gibberish contest. I really have to keep an eye on those 2!

I’ll admit I’ve been on a zoom call (with the video off)and walked right into the bathroom before I realized I needed to mute it. It’s easy to forget that other people can hear you.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not school but work story DH just told me. Apparently during a meeting yesterday an employee got up and started walking around the room with a gun. Everyone freaked out because they didn't know what was going on and called his boss to try and get him some help or figure out what to do. Turns out the guy had an airsoft gun and was at war with the squirrels in the yard.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Not school but work story DH just told me. Apparently during a meeting yesterday an employee got up and started walking around the room with a gun. Everyone freaked out because they didn't know what was going on and called his boss to try and get him some help or figure out what to do. Turns out the guy had an airsoft gun and was at war with the squirrels in the yard.
    Ok, that takes some kind of prize!!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    WTF? Did he not realize what it would look like on screen? In today's day & age, he had to realize people would think it was real....
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast