Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Favorite Little Things Right Now

I can think of two that make me smile every day. Number one is these little "Greenroom" notebooks from Target. It is how I keep track of all the little things going on in my life right now. They cost $1.99 but the prints are really pretty. They're cheap enough that I can write whatever I need to but it makes me feel fancy to have something pretty to write in.

The other thing is Pina Colada flavored ZipFizz. I got it at Costco when it was a thing. I use one tube a day (hate the waste involved in its packaging!) but I think it is so tasty and feels indulgent.

I also like the Kirkland leggings I just picked up there at Costco. I have no bougie leggings so I have no idea how these compare but they are thick and comfy and were $14.99.

What's making you happy these days?

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Now that my kids are back in school the greatest thing is getting to run when I feel like it. When DH was working from home it was great because my kids can entertain themselves but I don’t want to leave them completely alone. Once he returned to the office I had to drop my workouts because I needed to manage kids.

I’m really enjoying my wireless headphones. I pop them in, turn on a podcast and then I lose myself while I clean yo or cook. Love them!!!

Mangos - I’ve been buying the tray of 6 from Costco. I finally figured out when they’re ready to eat. Having a ripe mango once a day makes me so happy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Now that my kids are back in school the greatest thing is getting to run when I feel like it. When DH was working from home it was great because my kids can entertain themselves but I don’t want to leave them completely alone. Once he returned to the office I had to drop my workouts because I needed to manage kids.

I’m really enjoying my wireless headphones. I pop them in, turn on a podcast and then I lose myself while I clean yo or cook. Love them!!!

Mangos - I’ve been buying the tray of 6 from Costco. I finally figured out when they’re ready to eat. Having a ripe mango once a day makes me so happy!!

A part of me believes I will never be alone ever again, lol. I can't even imagine what that feels like.

What wireless headphones do you use? I got a pair of $29.99 jLab earbuds and one of them has stopped working! I'm back to being wired and wearing an apron so that I can wear my leggings (no pockets, lol!)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    A part of me believes I will never be alone ever again, lol. I can't even imagine what that feels like.

What wireless headphones do you use? I got a pair of $29.99 jLab earbuds and one of them has stopped working! I'm back to being wired and wearing an apron so that I can wear my leggings (no pockets, lol!)
    I hadn’t realized how much I missed my solitude! You’ll get there!! We have to believe life will go back to normal!!

I have a set of plantronics headphones that I bought from Costco for about $50. Keep an eye out. I bet they’ll get something in soon for the holidays.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My Beats Solo 3 headphones are great. The charge lasts forever. I picked mine up when they were on sale at Christmas for $99 at Target. I also picked up the wired Beats earbuds and those were great when I was going to the gym. I am so tempted to buy Dd2 a pair of whatever wireless over the ear Beats go on sale for $99 at Christmas especially if she is still in distance learning then because the Sony ones while they are nice and wireless don’t hold a charge as long.

Birkenstock soft bed Arizona sandals....by far the most instantly comfortable Birkenstocks I have ever owned (I am on my 4th pair of leather Birks in 28 years). Now that I live in a house that is a slab foundation I remember how important it is for my feet to wear shoes in the house at all times. I had forgotten why I used to always wear shoes or slippers growing up (before living in a house for 15 years with a raised foundation) until I moved here.

ASICS GT1000 series 9 shoes. I had been wearing Hoka One Ones for almost a year and I thought they were going to the the grail running shoe, but when they needed replacing in April (they were probably a little past dead) my feet were in pain and I bought the same model, and the foot pain continued. I tried the ASICS on a whim, and the foot pain was gone. ASICS were always my budget shoe when I couldn’t afford Brooks. My feet have not felt this good in about 4 years since they changed the Brooks Addiction shoe to the current model which doesn’t work for me (too cushy and too much movement in the heel). I tried the whole line of Hokas as well and none of them fit as well as the ASICS. I am now on my second pair in 5 months, but if my feet stay pain free I am happy.

I love having my footstool from work again. I picked it up on Monday when I had to go to the office.

I love having a pool.

I hear you on the fact that I feel like I may never have no one at home while I am really working (not that I have ever had that option).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 09-16-2020 at 04:46 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    My Beats Solo 3 headphones are great. The charge lasts forever. I picked mine up when they were on sale at Christmas for $99 at Target. I also picked up the wired Beats earbuds and those were great when I was going to the gym. I am so tempted to buy Dd2 a pair of whatever wireless over the ear Beats go on sale for $99 at Christmas especially if she is still in distance learning then because the Sony ones while they are nice and wireless don’t hold a charge as long.

Birkenstock soft bed Arizona sandals....by far the most instantly comfortable Birkenstocks I have ever owned (I am on my 4th pair of leather Birks in 28 years). Now that I live in a house that is a slab foundation I remember how important it is for my feet to wear shoes in the house at all times. I had forgotten why I used to always wear shoes or slippers growing up (before living in a house for 15 years with a raised foundation) until I moved here.

ASICS GT1000 series 9 shoes. I had been wearing Hoka One Ones for almost a year and I thought they were going to the the grail running shoe, but when they needed replacing in April (they were probably a little past dead) my feet were in pain and I bought the same model, and the foot pain continued. I tried the ASICS on a whim, and the foot pain was gone. ASICS were always my budget shoe when I couldn’t afford Brooks. My feet have not felt this good in about 4 years since they changed the Brooks Addiction shoe to the current model which doesn’t work for me (too cushy and too much movement in the heel). I tried the whole line of Hokas as well and none of them fit as well as the ASICS. I am now on my second pair in 5 months, but if my feet stay pain free I am happy.

I love having my footstool from work again. I picked it up on Monday when I had to go to the office.

I love having a pool.

I hear you on the fact that I feel like I may never have no one at home while I am really working (not that I have ever had that option).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are the $99 Beats over the ear headphones? My big reason for wanting wireless is so that I can workout without waking anyone else up. The jLabs worked out but the sound is SO much better in the cheap(ish) wired earbuds that come with my iPhone. I really only use them when I have to charge my phone or when I'm trying to get in a workout (less often since distance learning started--it is working okay but it is a lot of time for me!)

Having a pool--couldn't have had better timing on that one! Score!

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The strawberry lemon hands cream that Pakin sent me from across the country! It is so refreshing and feels great on my skin! (Thanks again Pakin!)
    This is going to sound ridiculous... I have a pipe cleaner/"fuzzy stick" coiled like a spring sitting on my work desk here at home. When my hands need something to do while I'm in boring meetings or to help me think, it makes a great fidget and the softness/fuzziness soothes me. DS2 and I did crafts every day this summer during my breaks, and I have been playing with that one springy pipe cleaner since.
    This isn't a store-bought thing, but we have little wild lizards in my neighborhood. They love our backyard. I love that they stay outside and eat whatever random bugs they can find. It makes me happy to see them hanging out in our yard, soaking up the sunshine, and I've gotten to see so many little tiny baby ones this year since I'm always home.
    I'm starting to love the air fryer!! For the first time in his life, DS2 requested Brussels sprouts this week because he devoured them when I air fried them last week! Those are one veggie my boys usually won't touch and they both ate them!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I hadn’t realized how much I missed my solitude! You’ll get there!! We have to believe life will go back to normal!!

I have a set of plantronics headphones that I bought from Costco for about $50. Keep an eye out. I bet they’ll get something in soon for the holidays.

Sounds like a good recommendation. $50 isn't too much to spend and I always like buying from Costco!

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    The strawberry lemon hands cream that Pakin sent me from across the country! It is so refreshing and feels great on my skin! (Thanks again Pakin!)
    This is going to sound ridiculous... I have a pipe cleaner/"fuzzy stick" coiled like a spring sitting on my work desk here at home. When my hands need something to do while I'm in boring meetings or to help me think, it makes a great fidget and the softness/fuzziness soothes me. DS2 and I did crafts every day this summer during my breaks, and I have been playing with that one springy pipe cleaner since.
    This isn't a store-bought thing, but we have little wild lizards in my neighborhood. They love our backyard. I love that they stay outside and eat whatever random bugs they can find. It makes me happy to see them hanging out in our yard, soaking up the sunshine, and I've gotten to see so many little tiny baby ones this year since I'm always home.
    I'm starting to love the air fryer!! For the first time in his life, DS2 requested Brussels sprouts this week because he devoured them when I air fried them last week! Those are one veggie my boys usually won't touch and they both ate them!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    I almost didn't want you to love the air fryer because I think my family would love it and I just don't know if I have the energy to start using a new appliance at this stage in my life, lol. The Instant Pot was such a fail for me but the thought of increased veggie eating is so appealing!

Love the lizard thing. We've got a bunch of those too. Wild bunnies on our back hill were the singular joy of my Spring of 2020. I haven't spotted any for several weeks now. I wonder if they've moved on or if the predators managed to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I almost didn't want you to love the air fryer because I think my family would love it and I just don't know if I have the energy to start using a new appliance at this stage in my life, lol. The Instant Pot was such a fail for me but the thought of increased veggie eating is so appealing!

Love the lizard thing. We've got a bunch of those too. Wild bunnies on our back hill were the singular joy of my Spring of 2020. I haven't spotted any for several weeks now. I wonder if they've moved on or if the predators managed to find them.
    We had a family of hawks in our trees this spring. It was so much fun to watch them grow and start out on their own. We occasionally see them here and there but in the spring we had four flying around our yard every day.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast