Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I'm loving Fixion pens and markers. They're erasable and erase so cleanly.

I had recently picked up some fun office supplies as a small thank you gift for a friend and included a Greenroom notebook. I'm mad I didn't grab the same one for myself because I can't find it anywhere now. It had a spiral top and was so cute. Apparently fun office supplies are my current simple joy.

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The weather has turned, and I love it. It feels like fall, and I can wear my favorite Doc Martens again.

I got a hitch-mounted bike trailer and have been riding on a local trail a few times a week. I have not ridden my bike much in 20+ years, and it feels so great.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

It was really fun reading your different little loves right now. There were so many mentioned that I had never thought of but could see how they would bring some little bit of joy to your life.

We are virtual learning here and my simple joy is that there is no struggle with any of my kids. It’s going well. My kids love waking up later and finishing classes earlier. The only thing they don’t like is missing their friends. But I’ve been working my tail off to keep friends coming to our house. Every Friday night is “open house for kids and parents”. Technically, no one is coming in the house. We are still hanging around the pool but it’s getting colder and the kids would rather do other stuff. They are riding scooters and skateboards on ramps my DS2 built, playing tag, playing dominoes and hanging by the firepit. On Saturday for 2 hours Dh hosts an auto club so the kids see their friends for that too. Dd and her friends put up 3 tents in the backyard last weekend and each girl had her own tent for a “campover.” I think I’ll let the boys do that too. I’m simply happy that i can keep their spirits up. I’ll really be thankful for snow for sledding and skiing.

Ive also noticed this summer and fall a large increase in wildlife in our backyard. Since March we have see foxes, turkeys with their chicks, dear (even bucks with full antlers which is rare for us to see), a woodchuck that suns himself on our pool deck at sunset most nights, the barred owl that sings to us every night, and last week we got a visit from a full-grown bobcat. He was hanging out on our pool deck at sunset. I’d never seen one before. It has been a joy to get these visits and watch these critters with my kids.

I’m also so thankful for the internet. Growing up without it, I know how much different our lives would be-especially in quarantine- without it. My kids of course take it for granted but I thank God each time I can place an order for something and know it will be delivered direct to our door. It’s still magical to me. And of course, wouldn’t have you guys. Life would be pretty grim without it.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Love our dog we got recently... Kids love him too and play with him in breaks doing online school

diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Gstorsmom can you empty your inbox, trying to inbox you..

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Link please?
    This is it:
    https://askergoworks.com/products/sc...otrest-pro-959

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Gatorsmom, I love the campout idea!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond View Post
    Gstorsmom can you empty your inbox, trying to inbox you..
    I just cleared some room.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have done some backyard camping, but not with friends. Hmmm, maybe that would make ds2 happy, who has been really missing his sleep overs.

In lieu of sleep overs with friends, we have set up DS1 and ds2 in the tv room with junk food and unlimited screen time and called it a sleep over. They love it!

We just bought a projector and have started outdoor movie nights with friends.

Recently bought a patio heater so we can keep having friends over as things cool down.

Basically I think our backyard has been our happy thing in the past 6 months!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our Solo Stove for campfires and hanging out on the patio on a cooler night (quickly becoming too cold here in NY!) which I gave DH for our anniversary.

Athleta pranayama wrap sweaters (not sure why they call it a wrap...it has a wide collar but it doesn't wrap). I have 5 now, in varying colors, and I adore them and they are great for work from home days when I'm chilly just sitting at my desk.

Airpods Pro and Beats Pro...yes I have both...one was a gift from DH. The airpods are great for work/zoom and the beats are great for going for a run.

Having lunch with DD1 on days I work from home and she's hybrid.

Having 3 days a week to work from home where it is just me and DD1...it's soooooo quiet compared to the previous 6 mos that included DH and DD2 and so was rarely quiet or uninterrupted. I almost feel like I'm here by myself.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast