urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Where to stay in Arizona, for 1 month? Activities?

We are brainstorming a silver lining to remote learning. We’re thinking we’d like to drive to Arizona and stay for a month. Or potentially a week here, a week there along the way, down the West Coast. We visited Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion etc recently... twice, so won’t be heading that way. We've also spent a lot of time on the Oregon Coast, Crater Lake, Sun River, Painted Hills, so won't take time to visit those areas. With all the smoke in California, not sure it’s even worth driving down the coast there.… Which makes me think we should just head to Arizona, but we’re are open to ideas! Maybe we could stay a week each, in multiple cities in Arizona??

What city (and neighborhood) would be fun to stay a month in Arizona? We are shooting for October and hope to book through VRBO.

We will have a large dog, a tween and a driving teen. We will need good Wi-Fi, and would love a private pool. Ideally, we would be walking distance to a coffee shop and restaurants, but driving a short distance is okay. Trader Joe’s and Costco are a huge plus. Kids would love to do some clothes shopping.

Activity wise, we’d love to do some light/medium hiking (kids are resistant in the heat) ATV rentals would be great... what else? We don’t know Arizona at all. We would also love reasonable access to great restaurants.

Thanks for any recommendations!

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would love a month in Flagstaff or Sedona. I went to college in Flagstaff. I’m from Yuma, you can cross that off your list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    I would love a month in Flagstaff or Sedona. I went to college in Flagstaff. I’m from Yuma, you can cross that off your list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was thinking the same thing! Anywhere in the Flagstaff/Sedona area would be wonderful. And it's a reasonable drive to Phoenix if a bigger city is desired for anything. So much to do and see in that area!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I live in Phoenix and just so you are aware, today's high was 107. It is currently 8:30 pm and 93. The low is 79 and that is at like 5am. Even in October it is still very very hot here.

I would vote for Flagstaff or Prescott and do day trips. Places are about 3 hours from there and the weather there is great right now.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We stated in Sedona for a few days in June and loved it. It’s pricey but wonderful.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Come to Tucson! Daytime temps will hit the high 90s this week, but there's plenty of time to do outdoors activities. Lots of distinct areas to explore: urban, historical, desert, mountains.

Lots of airbnb and vrbo options with pools.