Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My district back home has cases at 18 out of 42 schools. They also are starting to have new outbreaks at nursing homes. This is an area that is very pro trump and doesn’t believe in wearing masks or that the virus is serious. The health department is blaming the teachers for not following rules and keeping the kids safe. However, I think it is more that the community spread is getting bad and masks aren’t required at many places.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We're still remote here in LA but my best friends are teachers in San Diego. My one friend has been back in person for 2 weeks now and is a science enrichment teacher at 2 different elementary schools. She said there's 2 classrooms home on quarantine in one school and 1 classroom home on quarantine at her other school. Luckily since she's a specials teacher she doesn't teach IN the classroom since she teaches all grades at both schools and that would be to many possible exposures. They have her teaching right outside the doorway to each class so she doesn't enter the classrooms! For the 3 classes home on quarantine she teaches remotely.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You can now look at daily stats for every K-12 school, district, and college in the state of NY: https://schoolcovidreportcard.health.ny.gov/#/home
    The dashboard shows number of in school positives, out of school positives, and employee positives.

I looked up my kids' district and the nice feature is that from the dropdown menu you can also look at the data for neighboring school districts, which is helpful for kids' activities/sports, visiting neighboring towns, etc.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

School started 9/16. 1st letter for a positive case went out ....... on 9/16! 2nd letter went out (for a different school) on ..... 9/18.
    Our school got its first letter today. 9/24. 6 days and 3 cases. Keeping in mind that most schools have less than 50 kids in the building. Its going to be a LONG year!

The community at large isnt notified. Only members of each school are told. You get a letter if you're not directly affected and a phone call if you are. I wish we had a dashboard.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

All virtual here. There have a been a few news article about the number of private schools affected (at least 13 as of a couple weeks ago in our county) but no details on which schools those were publicly. No idea what kind of notification kids at those schools are getting.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    You can now look at daily stats for every K-12 school, district, and college in the state of NY: https://schoolcovidreportcard.health.ny.gov/#/home
    The dashboard shows number of in school positives, out of school positives, and employee positives.

I looked up my kids' district and the nice feature is that from the dropdown menu you can also look at the data for neighboring school districts, which is helpful for kids' activities/sports, visiting neighboring towns, etc.
    We are in NY too and I have checked out the dashboard for our school district several times. There seems to be a lag in the data, as our district has 0 cases reported on the NY dashboard, but we have been notified of 3 over the past week. I'm hopeful that this is bc it just got up and running and moving forward, the data will be more current.

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    We are in NY too and I have checked out the dashboard for our school district several times. There seems to be a lag in the data, as our district has 0 cases reported on the NY dashboard, but we have been notified of 3 over the past week. I'm hopeful that this is bc it just got up and running and moving forward, the data will be more current.
    We've been keeping an eye on my area and it's reporting 1 for the jr. high (which the district was very forthcoming about and alerted families right away) and 1 for the high school. The problem is that there aren't any cases at the high school. District officials are trying to get it fixed. We think it's going by address and not really checking the schools because there was a private high school nearby with a positive case that's not being shown, but they student lived in our district.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Got an email last night that an entire classroom has been quarantined at DD2's school. Earlier in the week a student had tested positive, now some other students in that class are showing symptoms so they are quarantining the teacher and the whole class for 14 days. So glad my kids are doing the cyber school!

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Got an email last night that an entire classroom has been quarantined at DD2's school. Earlier in the week a student had tested positive, now some other students in that class are showing symptoms so they are quarantining the teacher and the whole class for 14 days. So glad my kids are doing the cyber school!
    Kudos to your school for at least doing that! Our school didn't quarantine one single person when the teacher went to school with Covid because she wasn't within 6 feet for 15 constant minutes of anyone. I'm sure if a student came down with it, they'd say the same thing.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Kudos to your school for at least doing that! Our school didn't quarantine one single person when the teacher went to school with Covid because she wasn't within 6 feet for 15 constant minutes of anyone. I'm sure if a student came down with it, they'd say the same thing.
    Wait, did the teacher know she had it?? Its one thing to feel ok in the am and then in the afternoon realize you are sick and positive. Its quite another to get a + test (or be waiting for a result) and still go to school.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast