Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Got an email last night that an entire classroom has been quarantined at DD2's school. Earlier in the week a student had tested positive, now some other students in that class are showing symptoms so they are quarantining the teacher and the whole class for 14 days. So glad my kids are doing the cyber school!

Curious about this - what age group and are they distance/wearing masks, etc. Here, if it's an elementary class, the whole class will be out for 14 days because despite wearing masks, they aren't always distanced and are allowed to move around, since they are cohorted. But middle and high have seating charts, etc and I think it'd be unlikely to send an entire classroom out. And so far, we've had a few cases, but no one else showing symptoms from those cases.
    Kris

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Curious about this - what age group and are they distance/wearing masks, etc. Here, if it's an elementary class, the whole class will be out for 14 days because despite wearing masks, they aren't always distanced and are allowed to move around, since they are cohorted. But middle and high have seating charts, etc and I think it'd be unlikely to send an entire classroom out. And so far, we've had a few cases, but no one else showing symptoms from those cases.
    Same here. Our elementary school hasn’t had a case yet. Our MS/HS has had two total in 6 weeks and the quarantine numbers were limited due to the contract tracing. No spread from those cases at all. It’s an incredible success.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Same here. Our elementary school hasn’t had a case yet. Our MS/HS has had two total in 6 weeks and the quarantine numbers were limited due to the contract tracing. No spread from those cases at all. It’s an incredible success.
    Success here too. One of 5 elementary buildings had 2 cases - siblings who stayed home when they had symptoms on a Monday. Both classes were quarantined and no additional cases came from them. The high school had 1 case, a few kids were quarantined (not sure how many) and no additional cases so far, but we are at about day 10 on that one. The district isn't huge, but has about 5000 seated students and we are starting week 5 tomorrow. I've been completely impressed by it. My kids say no one seems bothered by wearing a mask and everyone is doing a great job with it.
    Kris

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    It is in a 4th-6th grade building. They originally quarantined the teacher and 2 other students who were identified as being in close contact (closer than 6 ft. for 15 min. or more) Later in the week a few other students in that same class were absent from school with symptoms that could be Covid or could be seasonal allergies, cold, etc. So to err on the side of safety, they decided to quarantine the entire class. They are wearing masks in school all the time, and doing all other recommended safety measures. But I don't think they can space the kids 6 ft. apart in the classrooms, even though the kids are to stay at their assigned seat all day (no switching classes, group projects, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    It is in a 4th-6th grade building. They originally quarantined the teacher and 2 other students who were identified as being in close contact (closer than 6 ft. for 15 min. or more) Later in the week a few other students in that same class were absent from school with symptoms that could be Covid or could be seasonal allergies, cold, etc. So to err on the side of safety, they decided to quarantine the entire class. They are wearing masks in school all the time, and doing all other recommended safety measures. But I don't think they can space the kids 6 ft. apart in the classrooms, even though the kids are to stay at their assigned seat all day (no switching classes, group projects, etc.)

Oh man, it sounds like they were doing everything right! Hopefully everyone recovers well and others stay healthy.
    Kris

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5