Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default How transparent is your district about covid cases?

Just need to complain about our moronic governor! She just came out with rules that schools CANNOT give out covid info if there are fewer than 6 kids positive cases at a school. However, if the building has less than 100, they don’t need to release any information. Because of privacy issues. WTF?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would not be happy!!

We are still 100% virtual. But a database is being created so that anyone can see how many cases at a school site and even what grades. No names obviously, but it will give a clearer picture. I’m not sure how quickly it will be updated, but I know that it is a top priority to be transparent about cases.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Your governor is getting crazier by the day. Geez.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Very frustrating for sure! This is a pandemic people! C’mon
    K

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Virtual here. My friend in a neighboring district is hybrid and she had that same frustration.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Just need to complain about our moronic governor! She just came out with rules that schools CANNOT give out covid info if there are fewer than 6 kids positive cases at a school. However, if the building has less than 100, they don’t need to release any information. Because of privacy issues. WTF?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I understand your frustration, but seeing the absolute insanity going across my FB high school parent group I can understand how if there are only a few cases it would not take long for people to figure out who the kids are and harassment ensues, either passive or direct. I’ve had weird interactions with people being a nurse, I could not imagine how bad it would get if it actually had Covid. So I’m going to go with there were some incidents from caused the rule happen. What matters more is contact tracing, and since schools are a captured audience it would be fairly simple to identify and contact parents of kids that were in the right area and time frame to be exposed. So I suspect it’s more that people in general behave stupidly at times vs the Governor.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

NY requires schools to have a public dashboard and to report daily an updated count. This is for K-12 and HEd. NY State also compiles this same info on a state run dashboard. School districts do a robocall when there is a confirmed positive case.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I understand your frustration, but seeing the absolute insanity going across my FB high school parent group I can understand how if there are only a few cases it would not take long for people to figure out who the kids are and harassment ensues, either passive or direct. I’ve had weird interactions with people being a nurse, I could not imagine how bad it would get if it actually had Covid. So I’m going to go with there were some incidents from caused the rule happen. What matters more is contact tracing, and since schools are a captured audience it would be fairly simple to identify and contact parents of kids that were in the right area and time frame to be exposed. So I suspect it’s more that people in general behave stupidly at times vs the Governor.
    Yeah. I don't know what the right answer is, but there's definitely an air of shaming and judgment around Covid -- "What were they doing? They should have been at home. We stay at home." And so on.

We are still working virtually, but there was a case at our school a couple of weeks ago. Families were notified because a curriculum drive-through was planned for that day and it had to be canceled. I'm not sure if we would have been notified otherwise since kids aren't in school.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Here shaming isn’t bad because most everyone is gathering and living life like normal . We are one of the worst states per capita, no mask mandate, schools forced to open in person, bars at 100% capacity. So those of us who judge (like me ) have decided to keep our kids home.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My district has a webpage that they say is updated daily. It is broken down by each school so I can see a district total plus my children's school. But I don't think it's accurate. Today it says only 4 cases in the entire district....meanwhile some surrounding schools are reporting 30-50 cases, just in one high school.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast