Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Suggest your favorite specialty food available on GoldBelly!

It's my birthday today (yay!) and my DB sent me a $100 GC for GoldBelly. I've used them before to enjoy lox and bagels from Russ & Daughters in NYC, deep dish pizza from Lou Malnati's in Chicago (a friend sent this to us!), and a 7 layer chocolate and caramel cake from Caroline's Cakes in South Carolina. But I'm a bit overwhelmed as there are SO.MANY.OPTIONS.

I prefer savory treats and food that isn't as easy to source here in California. I thought about ordering muffulettas from Central Grocery in NOLA, which I loved when DH and I went to NOLA for his 40th birthday several years ago. But it's $109 for 2 muffulettas shipped!?!! I feel like when we bought them, they were something like $30 each so paying nearly $50 for shipping hurts.

I would love to hear recs for options from other states. What is your area known for that's amazing (and hopefully available on GoldBelly)? Or how would you spend a GB GC?
    Last edited by smiles33; 09-21-2020 at 08:37 PM.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I dont have ideas on how to spend the GC, but just wanted to say a belated happy birthday! Its good to have something to celebrate.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

What a great gift! I would probably get Juniors Cheesecake, but for a savory option I would get Philly cheesesteaks.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We’ve done IMO’s Pizza and toasted ravioli if you know those from St Louis area. Do they have Levain Bakery from NYC? Their cookies are amazing.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’ve never heard of it! All of your options sound great. I’d choose the Chicago style pizza if the shipping wasn’t too high. Happy Birthday!
    K

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

we got the lobster rolls for DS1's bday and they were a hit
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

I’ve ordered Pat Lafrieda meats from NYC/north jersey; usually once a year for their black angus filet mignon.

And McLoons lobster shack from Maine.

And Duff’s famous wings from Buffalo, NY. Dh loves their wings as his best friend grew up there as a child, so whenever he goes up there he gets a basket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

https://www.yelp.com/biz/piroshky-piroshky-seattle
    These Piroshky‘s are so yummy... I think they ship frozen then you bake them... at least that is they are doing it for local deliveries.
    Last edited by urquie; 09-22-2020 at 09:25 PM.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I know there are a lot of great ice-creameries elsewhere, but if I had money to burn on GoldBelly, I'd choose Bassett's Ice Cream from Philadelphia every time.

The texture and flavors are rich without being overwhelming, and I am pretty sure that their chocolate flavors are DD's favorites. We rarely leave Reading Terminal Market without a small ice cream from Bassett's and I really miss them.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Ooh! I love all these ideas and am particularly intrigued by the idea of lobster rolls from Maine. I've only had lobster rolls in CA (I assumed the lobsters were shipped in from elsewhere?). I'll go research those.

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast