Mamma2004 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Cordless vacuum other than Dyson?

I apologize for yet another vacuum post!

We do love our cordless Dyson's cleaning ability, but the need to HOLD DOWN the button is becoming a problem. I honestly think I have an injury from it and now need to use my left hand!

I use it daily to *try* to keep up with our Golden Retriever's shedding. I fail. The charge lasts only long enough for me to race through the kitchen and mudroom.

Consequently, I am thinking of buying another (daily, easy) vacuum for the first floor. The Dyson could be great for upstairs (still lots of dog hair, but I can do just one room when the hair becomes overwhelming).

I checked Consumer Reports, but for every vacuum with a high rating, the review then states that it is no longer available. Not helpful.

I know many of you swear by different models of the Shark, all with cords. Any other suggestions?
    Stephanie

Mamma to James

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just got the shark cordless. I like it. I have the corded shark too. The cordless one is very convenient.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hahaha, I really love my Dyson and have considered other brands but I read reviews after reviews and still landed at the Dyson cordless. I am close to fashioning a trigger lock myself using a rubber band. But there's also this!!!

https://www.amazon.com/LANMU-Trigger...ustomerReviews

But for serious, Dyson needs to make a trigger lock AND make machines with a swappable/extra battery so I can get the whole house done with the cordless.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Hahaha, I really love my Dyson and have considered other brands but I read reviews after reviews and still landed at the Dyson cordless. I am close to fashioning a trigger lock myself using a rubber band. But there's also this!!!

https://www.amazon.com/LANMU-Trigger...ustomerReviews

But for serious, Dyson needs to make a trigger lock AND make machines with a swappable/extra battery so I can get the whole house done with the cordless.
    OMG!!! I have been using the rubber band trick with my Dyson but I am totally buying this! I have horrible tennis elbow/wrist problems so I NEED this. I can't believe how excited I am right now lol. Thank you for posting!!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please