bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Mac Mini bites the dust after 15 months...

And I’ve got an audit on Friday. And I supervise my four kids at home (now with no workspace!) And the Apple store has limited service appointments. I’ve put so much work into this and prepped so carefully! Now it’s going to be crazy for the next 40 hours or so. This is really not good...

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh no! I’m so sorry!

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh crap!

Time to call for help! Can DH or Grandma or similar help for a day or two so you can work? Plan on take out/sandwiches and let everything else go for a few days. I would also sit the kids down in a "family meeting" type and tell them things are going to be crazy for a few days and you all have to work together.

Good luck and keep your spirits up!

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What is wrong with the mac mini? Did you try to chat with apple support? They have been amazingly responsive, i get answers in 5 minutes lately with online chat.

good luck! Hopefully it’s nothing major but the timing is bad

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It is in the shop! They have offered me three options. Reset to factory settings (free), replace power plug?? (Can't remember the name--$150) or new motherboard ($450). I'm hoping it doesn't need a new motherboard! I loved my Mac Mini but honestly it was a little quirky even from the start.