Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
Quick update and more news:

DD successfully transitioned to 4-days-a-week in-school hybrid (she still has ~1.5 hrs of class in the afternoons) and the transition to the brief remote instruction periods in the afternoons became easier during the 2nd week.

This week, the district is adding Wednesdays back to the in-person rotation, which DD is nervous about, but she'll be fine doing.

She's losing some of the "I'm bored and the kitchen is right here" weight she put on during 100% remote (she'd randomly leave class and grab snacks; I should note that all students receive a snack period around 11am to get them through to their 1pm lunch period - all students have lunch then, as in-person school is running on an early dismissal timeline) and is making more connections to in-person classmates now that she's going in.

I'm starting to re-set my own task-lists and other self-focused behaviors, which is good because I was getting really snappish and hypercritical. (Now to work on that with DH ... but he's got to stay out of the bedroom during the workday first.)
So happy for you all!! It has been a long road but you're finally seeing some progress!