Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Quick update and more news:

DD successfully transitioned to 4-days-a-week in-school hybrid (she still has ~1.5 hrs of class in the afternoons) and the transition to the brief remote instruction periods in the afternoons became easier during the 2nd week.

This week, the district is adding Wednesdays back to the in-person rotation, which DD is nervous about, but she'll be fine doing.

She's losing some of the "I'm bored and the kitchen is right here" weight she put on during 100% remote (she'd randomly leave class and grab snacks; I should note that all students receive a snack period around 11am to get them through to their 1pm lunch period - all students have lunch then, as in-person school is running on an early dismissal timeline) and is making more connections to in-person classmates now that she's going in.

I'm starting to re-set my own task-lists and other self-focused behaviors, which is good because I was getting really snappish and hypercritical. (Now to work on that with DH ... but he's got to stay out of the bedroom during the workday first.)
    So happy for you all!! It has been a long road but you're finally seeing some progress!

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Im glad to hear your DD is adjusting well. So happy to hear you’re getting some self care. It has been a LONG year!
    for Carmen

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Tiny update: DD's school went to 5 in-person days (still early dismissal) the week of May 3rd and it's been spectacular for her. Sure, she whines a good bit about it, but it's no longer as huge a hassle as it had been when we started her back.

We have an extended weekend coming up for Memorial Day (school district gives us any unused snow days at Memorial Day; we used 1, so we get the Friday and the Tuesday) which we hope won't throw things off again - DD struggles with big changes.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Tiny update: DD's school went to 5 in-person days (still early dismissal) the week of May 3rd and it's been spectacular for her. Sure, she whines a good bit about it, but it's no longer as huge a hassle as it had been when we started her back.

We have an extended weekend coming up for Memorial Day (school district gives us any unused snow days at Memorial Day; we used 1, so we get the Friday and the Tuesday) which we hope won't throw things off again - DD struggles with big changes.
    Yeah!! You must be thrilled to have some time to yourself! Hope the long weekend doesn’t set her back.
    for Carmen

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9