Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dyson Airwrap - worth it?

Does anyone have the Dyson Airwrap set? Is it worth the $? It's super pricey but I could use points to purchase. I have the revlon brush thingy but it is heavy and I'm wondering if the Airwrap is easier to use and offers some versatility with the accessories? TIA
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love mine. I got rid of the revlon because it was just too hot for me. I have a Drybar version I use to travel. The Dyson took some time for me to get used to. The brushes are easy but I had to learn the curler attachments. I used them a lot when everything was shut down. If you are good with a curling iron, these will make life easier. There are a lot of tutorials on you tube.

It is long but not as heavy as the revlon. For some reason I occasionally whack myself on the eyebrow with the revlon/drybar version. I’m a klutz.

My main love for dyson is that I think it’s gentler on my hair. I use enough heat straightening my weird curl/wave mix so I appreciate that part a lot.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    I love mine. I got rid of the revlon because it was just too hot for me. I have a Drybar version I use to travel. The Dyson took some time for me to get used to. The brushes are easy but I had to learn the curler attachments. I used them a lot when everything was shut down. If you are good with a curling iron, these will make life easier. There are a lot of tutorials on you tube.

It is long but not as heavy as the revlon. For some reason I occasionally whack myself on the eyebrow with the revlon/drybar version. I’m a klutz.

My main love for dyson is that I think it’s gentler on my hair. I use enough heat straightening my weird curl/wave mix so I appreciate that part a lot.
    That's my beef with the Revlon, it is either high-flow super blazing hot, high-flow cool, or suuuuuuper low-flow warm-ish. None of these settings are great for my hair. I'm not sure what they are thinking with these limited settings.

I wish the Dyson was in my budget, but it just isn't.

I have the Revlon and the Airwrap.

Love the Airwrap! I use it everyday. Back when I used to go to the office, I actually used the curling wands everyday. Now I've gotten lazy and only do it about 1/week. I have thin stick straight hair and it gives it a really nice wave/volume. Works best on damp hair. I realize it was ridiculously priced, but I really do love it.
    Sweetie Pies, DS 9/2004 & DS 4/2008

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    That's my beef with the Revlon, it is either high-flow super blazing hot, high-flow cool, or suuuuuuper low-flow warm-ish. None of these settings are great for my hair. I'm not sure what they are thinking with these limited settings.

I wish the Dyson was in my budget, but it just isn't.
    I bought this one to travel with. It’s more than the Revlon, but the temperature is definitely better for me, a lot less expensive than the Dyson.

https://www.thedrybar.com/the-double...ow-dryer-brush

I’ve heard some good things on this too, but no personal experience

https://langehair.com/collections/ha...ng-brush-dryer
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

I don’t have the Dyson, but I bought the Hot Tools version of the Revlon dryer. The handle doesn’t get as hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I bought this one to travel with. It’s more than the Revlon, but the temperature is definitely better for me, a lot less expensive than the Dyson.

I have the Lange one and I really like it. I had the revelon one originally and felt it was too harsh on my hair. I like the Lange one better!

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Thanks! I'll check them out! Might be a good gift idea.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I tried the air wrap but i felt like the brush barrels were too small compared to the rein. As that changed? My hair seemed to get to curly vs volume with the revlon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I like the Revlon but it’s super damaging to my hair (thin (but a ton) and a slight wave). I love dry bar styling tools so I may look into this. I was thinking of getting the Dyson on Black Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast