Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The only time I didn’t have a dishwasher was the first year I lived in an apartment without one post college. The landlord put one in the second year I was there.

For 14 years we had smaller 18” dishwashers and we did get used to them, but the full size dishwashers we have had for the last year have been amazing. Although we got so used to having a smaller size that it took us a while to get used to being able to fill a regular dishwasher.

My grandma never had a built in dishwasher in her house that was built in 1938 and she used a full size portable for years. I would definitely consider a portable dishwasher if you don’t want to lose cabinet space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

meggie t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

When I was first married, we had a dishwasher but never used it. And I mean in the 6 years we were in that apartment, we only used it the last year b/c we had DS and sterilized things. It wasn't worth using it for 2 people. Now, it's a necessity. And I only have 2 kids! I would never voluntarily go without one. We have a base level Miele - it's now 7 years old and have never had an issue. I would either go Bosch or Miele, if you decide to get another one.

We still have a dish rack on the counter b/c we do hand wash several items daily.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Last time our dishwasher broke, we lasted barely 48 hours before I spent 2 hours on the phone calling every Miele dealer in the metro area trying to find one in stock - once I did we picked it up that day and installed that evening. We freaking love it and often talk about how amazing it is.

For people with hard water, at least some of the Miele models have a place to add softener salt and you program in the water hardness so it knows how much to use. We have slightly hard water but we use the finish tabs and that's enough softener that we don't need softener or a rinse aid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3