Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    In the refrigerated section kind of by the pesto and fancier cheese (I think). Here’s a pic I found
    My Costco has packaged rotisserie chicken all cut/ shredded up so it’s just Store brand. I’d never seen it until I was there last week. I hate their rotisserie chicken so I didn’t buy it this can’t recommend it or not. But I know others love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We buy that cut up rotisserie chicken for our dog. It’s vacuum packed and it’s with the prepared foods in our Costco. Sometimes my kids will eat it when they don’t like the dinner I make.

My only tip is prep. I typically roast a bunch of veggies on the weekend that can then be mixed with pasta, sauce, veggie sausage, beans, etc. my kids also like cans of soup and though the sodium is high, I don’t think they’re horrible.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We keep sunbutter, peanut butter, lunch meat and shredded cheese available at all times. Quesadillas or sandwiches are quick.

DS1 loves the Costco organic burritos with chicken and beans. They probably taste better in the oven but he microwaves them.

We also buy the TJ black bean taquitos and TJ mini tacos.

For me, I make a chef's salad type lunch or my new fav, the microwave pouches of cauliflower rice coupled with whatever leftover protein we may have.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    We keep sunbutter, peanut butter, lunch meat and shredded cheese available at all times. Quesadillas or sandwiches are quick.

DS1 loves the Costco organic burritos with chicken and beans. They probably taste better in the oven but he microwaves them.

We also buy the TJ black bean taquitos and TJ mini tacos.

For me, I make a chef's salad type lunch or my new fav, the microwave pouches of cauliflower rice coupled with whatever leftover protein we may have.
    What brand are the burritos?

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm jealous we don't have a TJ's anywhere nearby. And I'm not a Costco member because there isn't one in my town. I currently have a Sam's Club membership. I do most of my grocery shopping at Sam's Club or Aldi and occasionally pick up stuff at Target if I'm there.

DH is actually my biggest problem, as he isn't used to the small snacky meals the girls and I were used to packing for school lunches last year. Case in point, he has lost 20 lbs. since he started working from home in March and is no longer either going out to eat or eating in his work cafeteria. The girls and I are used to garden salad with nuts, seeds, or cheese on on it, greek yogurt parfait, hummus and veggies, PB sandwiches, soup, pepperoni and cheese with crackers,etc. But he wants a more normal sized meal with meat! That's why I was thinking it would be nice if I had food that he could just grab and heat up if there aren't leftovers.

I prepped a salad tonight that the girls and I will eat tomorrow. DH can have leftover pizza. And I need to get more deli meat to have on hand so he can make himself sandwiches if needed. I do feel like we are going through a lot more groceries with everyone home all the time!

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    What brand are the burritos?
    Sorry it took me so long to respond. Lillie b.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Sorry it took me so long to respond. Lillie b.

Perfect timing - I’m going tomorrow!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2