LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Working from home, COVID and online time clock

I know we're obviously 6 months into Covid and working from home, but this keeps nagging me!
    For those that were working outside the home and needing to clock in/out, how are you logging your hours from home.
    Payroll portal? Website? I'm finding we're ALL over the place with this and I need to implement on cohesive system for this (I'm planning on going w/ the payroll co but wondering what else is out there, since the managers would still need to verify the hours before I submit them for payroll).

For example, I was about to submit hours today and just by "double checking" a few of the employees, was told oh they forgot to punch out, it's less hours. Or oh yeah they punched in late, we owe them XX.

Website or app suggestions are welcome!

We use a payroll portal, ADP. I am technically non-exempt and am supposed to track my hours, but I just log them every two weeks on the day they are due. I believe people in more production-oriented or customer-service roles with stricter schedules log them daily, but it's all still in ADP.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

We’re a small non profit with 22 employees who’s being paid by the many different grants (state & federal) so we use the well known payroll program in non profit sector.

We log in by entering our project activity & type of grant we’re under. Then it populates our hours bi weekly. We just double check and submit to supervisors/admin. Been using it since July and it’s tons much better than previous cobbling hours we remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

*sigh* We don't have am official clock in/clock out system. So, our unit head made it required that you email your supervisor when you get in, when you take off for lunch, when you get back, and when you leave. Yeah. I thought that was silly, so I made a spreadsheet that everyone in our group has access to so they can type in their times. My boss didn't implement anything like that, so I send him a Teams message at each of those break points. I was figuring it would drive him crazy and he'd set something up, but I think he just ignores most of them.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

At my facility hourly and salary non-exempt workers are required to log their hours in Peoplesoft. It’s set up to log either the hours worked, or the in and out times, but it still requires the employees to log into the system and log their own start and finish times as well as lunch breaks. It’s on the honor system of course, though for me, I use my VPN login time as my in and out times because none of my work can be done without accessing the vpn. I have no idea how others are keeping track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I work for a large non-profit that receives government funding. We have to log our hours every day. Forgetting to log your hours can get you terminated.