mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Salt free cottage cheese?

Being at home and cooking food at home has sensitized me, I guess, to the over abundance of salt in everything!! I can’t find a cottage cheese brand that does not taste too salty. Cheese is saturated with salt!! The only dairy (excepting milk which I can’t drink) that doesn’t have a ton of salt is yogurt.
    Is anyone else noticing this too? Or has quarantine done a job on my taste buds?
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

I’m pretty sure all cheese has salt in it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Daisy, Nancy’s, or Good Culture are the only brands I will eat and tbh I think Daisy is amazing and just a good as Good Culture for 1/2 the price. I am sensitive to salt as well and these brands work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I just bought Good Culture cottage cheese and was trying to convince DS to try it, I told him it kind of tastes like popcorn. The only flavor that comes through for me is salt. I don't find that to be true of other cheeses though. I could NOT get DS to try cottage cheese - I don't blame him though since it does look pretty yucky.

There was a question on Jeopardy the other day about which state uses brine from its most popular product to salt the roads in winter. Answer? What is Wisconsin? So there must be a lot of salt used or as a byproduct in cheese making.

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I see some on Whole Foods website (Prime Now). The brand available to me is Friendship.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I see some on Whole Foods website (Prime Now). The brand available to me is Friendship.
    Thank you!! I picked it on my way home and am enjoying it now. Good to know I won’t look like a blowfish tomorrow morning 🤣