Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have had a propane fire from home depot for a few years, love it! Sometimes we just turn it on for 15 minutes, so a wood fire pit wouldn't have worked for us. It throws off a decent amount of heat, and is great as a table.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-...5010/307296890

We bought a patio heater too a few weeks ago, because the fire pit isn't THAT warm. It really throws off a lot of heat, and will allow us to continue entertaining outdoors for a while!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have this one, or one like it, purchased from Costco. I have seen it in the warehouse, for the last few summers.

It’s quick and easy to use… And lightweight enough that we can carry it from the backyard to the front of our house to get together with the neighbors... requires two people, one to carry the fire pit and one to carry the connected (with hose) propane tank. I also appreciate that I can warm my feet and legs… not sure that would work with the tabletop fires.

If it’s very quiet out, the noise of the propane bothers me slightly. But when there’s conversation or music I don’t notice it.

Outland Firebowl 883 Mega Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit with UV and Weather Resistant Durable Cover, 24-Inch Diameter 58,000 BTU

https://amazon.com/dp/B00FWKVGQ0?ref_=Oct_s9_apbd_obs_hd_bw_bxC2H&pf_rd_ r=GPHY1KAK0FESGZT0Q044&pf_rd_p=80c89fc2-cfad-5bf9-9c0a-9ab99c877146&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-10&pf_rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=14107621&th=1

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Trying to talk DH into one of these. He wants a wood burning fire pit but I want a gas one so that I don’t smell like campfire, quicker to start, etc. Do the Solo ones leave that string campfire smell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is NO smell! Very different from a real campfire in that sense.

Trying to talk DH into one of these. He wants a wood burning fire pit but I want a gas one so that I don’t smell like campfire, quicker to start, etc. Do the Solo ones leave that string campfire smell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is absolutely NO smell! You can sit by it for hours and burn through a ton of wood and your clothes don't smell. It really is smokeless.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by marinkitty View Post
    There is absolutely NO smell! You can sit by it for hours and burn through a ton of wood and your clothes don't smell. It really is smokeless.
    That’s why we got rid of our wood fire pit. My hair and clothes would stink of smoke. Plus I felt it was more of a fire hazard than propane because of the sparks

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Showed DH the Solo firepit website and he may be interested! Which size is recommended for a large backyard patio? DH said the cheaper the better, but I'm worried the small one will be too small/not give off enough heat. I'm in southern PA, so temps aren't horrible right now and there are some years we have beautiful fall weather even in November. Watch this be the year we get snow early and often though (my kids would love that though, last year we only had one decent snow).

Showed DH the Solo firepit website and he may be interested! Which size is recommended for a large backyard patio? DH said the cheaper the better, but I'm worried the small one will be too small/not give off enough heat. I'm in southern PA, so temps aren't horrible right now and there are some years we have beautiful fall weather even in November. Watch this be the year we get snow early and often though (my kids would love that though, last year we only had one decent snow).
    I would go with the bonfire (middle) size. The smallest one is really intended for camping and you can only use chunk wood or smallish logs, which seems like a pain. We have neighbors who got the biggest one and it is kind of huge. We got the bonfire and it's pretty small and only weighs 20 pounds (vs 15 for the small one) so it's still portable, but four people can sit around it socially distanced (six easily in normal times) and stay very warm on a chilly night. We sat by one last weekend for several hours in 48 degree weather in a light jacket and were fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2