Hello all, I need the BBB’s help. So DD, who turns 12 next month has been complaining of random knee pain for months now. She says it started in March I do not recollect when. The only info on this is sometimes right knee and sometimes left, no pattern to it. She says initially it was only when dancing or going up stairs but now it’s even when walking. It does not always happen and the occurrence is random.
Pediatrician mentioned growing pains and recommend no further action. Now DD sees a allergy and immunology doctor for last 2 years who diagnosed her symptoms of random swelling on hands or palms as idiopathic angioedema and has put her on very low dose antihistamine like centrizine and Singulair for it. He even reduced it to once a day recently and she is in remission with no symptoms since the meds. He is confident the knee pain has nothing to do with this condition.

At this point, I think we need this looked at for sure. In fact I’m feeling guilt I let this be for months without getting answers. I’m wondering about something autoimmune, like lupus or RA. I just made an appointment with a pediatric rheumatologist.

Please hit me with any or all ideas. From my experience in the past, I’ve never gotten answers from any providers without having to throw ideas at them and getting them to investigate. TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains