Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    One of my DS had knee pain for about 18 months off and on and we finally went to a ped ortho to get it checked out. He prescribed PT which helped strengthen his quads and better stabilize his knees. DS did about 6 mo of PT and then started working out on a regular basis. He also takes vitamin D daily which helps.
    For any of you that have done knee strengthening exercises, can you recommend any certain exercises or point out any videos of them? I think I might want to do some of these exercises myself.

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    For any of you that have done knee strengthening exercises, can you recommend any certain exercises or point out any videos of them? I think I might want to do some of these exercises myself.
    You could try googling them. DS2 has found some great exercises when he's trying to strengthen his knees and hips and YouTube videos. Another good option is a session or two with a physical therapist. Check your state laws, but here we do not even need a referral for PT. A good therapist will assess your strength and flexibility and show you how to do appropriate exercises.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We did go for one PT appointment, but DD did not consistently do any of those stretches etc. and since the pain went away I did not purse it either. They had a link to private videos they shared with us but I agree you can probably find them on googling.
    We also go a couple of accessories for those exercises like resistance bands etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I did google them but thought maybe some were better than others and that's the ones PTs recommend. It looks to me like these are sort of the basic ones: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325804 For those that went to PT for this, do you think these are the main sort of ones the PTs recommend?

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    I wish I could! DS did most of his exercises at PT and balked at doing them here at home with us.
    K

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ours a link to private videos and I no longer remember the login but me see if I can find the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3