Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    I thought this too, but not to get out of the debate. I figure they'll have some miraculous fast recovery which shows Covid isn't that bad, so let's get back to maskless business.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    As strongly as I feel about his presidency, I do hope everyone has a smooth recovery.

The cynic in me is saying that maybe he doesn't really have it. Maybe he is again flicking the spotlight to himself. In 2 weeks he will be "perfect" and "the virus is no big deal."
    This is exactly what DH said.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jbbhb View Post
    Just saw too. Am I the only one who has become so cynical that I think it’s fake to try try distract for his disastrous debate??

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I’m with you. This is a ploy.

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I heard that Hope Hicks was symptomatic. Of course just because she has it does not mean the President also does. But I guess we will never know.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

What a sorry state of affairs that we’ve all been burned so much over the past few years that we can’t take this at face value. But, we have been given no reason not to be skeptical.

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Until I hear it from his Doc at Walter Reed, I'm not buying it. When one lies so often and about absolutely everything, why not question this as a lie?

It gets him out of the next debate. It garners him sympathy. It takes the focus off everything else and allows his supporters to criticize anyone daring to report on any newly released misdeeds. He gets to say he recovered and it's no different than the flu so all the governors wrecked the economy, not him.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

He already has symptoms...
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

PunkyBoo is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Maybe he'll inject himself with disinfectant and be cured. Or he could take another round of HCQ and call that nutjob witch doctor to say he's fine...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don’t see how this announcement helps him in any way. So while I’m not one to put him past lying, I don’t see why he would do it. The cons far outweigh the pros.

I hope he doesn’t get too sick and I hope he doesn’t end up infecting many people.

I do wonder if this might improve willing participation in COVID mitigating strategies? Then some good would come of it at least!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I HATE that my first thought was "It couldnt happen to a nicer guy" because I'm NOT that sort of person that wishes anyone ill. Really. I hate that politics has become so divisive and well, hateful. And I'm truly NOT happy because he could easily infect MANY MANY others. Nor do I want a President Pence!

sigh
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post

I do wonder if this might improve willing participation in COVID mitigating strategies? Then some good would come of it at least!
    Except that if he has a simple recovery then he might do loads of harm to the CDC mitigation strategies because it'll reinforce to those that don't believe that the virus is a problem that they don't need to bother with masks, distancing... because he got better and it was no worse than a cold or flu. It might embolden some people if he makes an easy recovery.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast