twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Lightweight smooth soft cotton or silk robe?

I have a 100% silk robe from the Gap that is 15 years old. It's finally starting to tear at stress points (corners of pockets, etc). I love it so much...the silk is a substantial non-see-through charmeuse-y satin-y weight but doesn't feel heavy, it's so soft, and machine washable. It's light enough to take the chill off of the AC in the summer, and cozy enough to provide an extra layer of warmth over my winter pajamas. The sleeves are loose but are easy to roll up for doing dishes. But I really will need to replace it soon.

I am looking for something that's either silk or 100% cotton in a lighter weight but good quality fabric. A dressing gown, basically. I have no need for a thicker, heavier robe where I live, and I use my old silk robe year-round. This Boden robe would be perfect except that I don't like the print. I want patch pockets (not side pockets, which don't hold a phone as securely), full (or at least wrist)-length sleeves, detachable belt with belt loops, and knee length (a little shorter than knee length would be fine, but I really don't want it longer than the knees). Is there a chance Boden might add some different prints? I've been Googling but can't seem to find anything similar!!

https://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/janie.../sty-t0682-ltu

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Costco has as chemise/robe set by carole hochman for $14.97 right now at my Costco. They have two colors and sadly the one I want I can't find in my size, but it is similar to what you are looking for.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Lightweight smooth soft cotton or silk robe?

I have the short version of the Cool Nights robe (I think this maybe a seasonal offering). It is nice, lightweight, and easy to pack. I usually only use it when we go on vacation, but will occasionally wear it around the house, but not much. Wait for a sale if you can...I think I paid $35 for mine.

https://www.soma.com/store/product/c...1&catId=search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 10-16-2020 at 10:20 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)